Author Topic: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?  (Read 19990 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2013, 21:20 »
I'm only changing mine because its not far off 4  years old now,i noticed a red ED35 on someones drive down the road from me today and it looked very smart.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 30 March 2013, 21:44 »
More than happy with the 35 so can't see that going anywhere at the moment, it would take an Ed40 to tempt me out of it, mrs w I feel will be making the plunge but even she wants an Ed40 lol

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 30 March 2013, 23:18 »
Surely if 35 out last year, it will be another 4years till ed 40?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 30 March 2013, 23:33 »

Well yeah...  :grin:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2013, 00:06 »

Well yeah...  :grin:

4 years - perfect timing  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 31 March 2013, 00:18 »
It was a toss up between a new BMW M135i or new Golf Mk7 GTi.... As difficult decision it was, I went with the Golf in the end due to the fantastic deal the dealer was prepared to offer. Ordered yesterday... 5 door DSG in Pure White, with 19" Santiago Alloys, GTi Performance Pack & Adaptive Chassis Control.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline Robhs

• Just got here
« Reply #16 on: 31 March 2013, 09:35 »
Deposit paid yesterday.  midnight blue DSG and leather, every option except sunroof, 19", lane change thingy and winter pack. £32,750.
 :smiley:

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 31 March 2013, 10:18 »
It was a toss up between a new BMW M135i or new Golf Mk7 GTi.... As difficult decision it was, I went with the Golf in the end due to the fantastic deal the dealer was prepared to offer. Ordered yesterday... 5 door DSG in Pure White, with 19" Santiago Alloys, GTi Performance Pack & Adaptive Chassis Control.

What % off list did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2013, 12:39 »
Total list price came to something like £30,800 (including all the optional extra's).  Dealer was prepared to knock off £1K straight off, but with a little bit of haggling came down to £29K in the end (2 Year HP Finance @ 6.5%).  The deal breaker was the value on my part-ex, which was over 2.5k what the BMW dealer was prepared to offer me.

What I wasn't too happy about was that the price of the 5 door DSG went up £200 in a matter of a day. When I looked online on the Thursday it was £27,600 but when I went in on the Friday he told me it had gone up to £27,915! Cant complain really... very happy with the deal.
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 31 March 2013, 13:14 »
Hello All,

I ordered mine on Wednesday. Actually, I'm in a easy situation because I don't have a car right now as I have been abroad last few years.

It's a cash purchase non of this finance malarkey ;). I got £1155 discount, which is pretty good considering it's not on finance, which dealers are eager to offer.

I haven't decided on the the colour yet, cos I wanted the Carbon Grey Metallic, which I have now discovered is not an option :( so it might be white metallic black or Oryx white (a really cool colour)

My car: