Author Topic: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?  (Read 19987 times)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
Re: GTI Ordered. Who else has made the jump?
« Reply #90 on: 10 April 2013, 17:54 »
Just Ordered Mine...

GTI 3 Door Manual with Performance Pack
Deep Black
Winter Pack
Dynaudio

I too will really miss my Scirocco, by far the best car I have ever owned - absolutley love it.  But hoping the GTI will be just as good as it, if not better.

Going to be leasing it through the business £322 a month ex vat. 

Very excited, no delivery date as yet, only just placed the order. :grin:

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #91 on: 10 April 2013, 18:53 »
Cheers Gryzor!

I've wrestled so loooong over this decision and considered loads of other cars. I'll be very sad to see my Scirocco go. One of the best sculpted cars of the last 10 yrs IMHO. I'll have to accept my new GTD won't be as pretty. But you can't beat the blend of power/economy and all the new technology (really looking forward to ADC with DSG - the car will practically drive itself + DAB + Bluetooth + Bi-Xenons + LED lights all round + Tartan seats cool) Overall it's a great package for the price. The new Merc A Class and BMW 1 Series are very badly specced in comparison in standard guise (some would say a rip-off).

Just hoping the delivery won't be as long as quoted (but I accept if it is).

Oh yeah - I just love the DSG box and couldn't live without it now (used it for 3 1/2 years on my Scirocco) it's wonderful in heavy motorway traffic.

But, it's each to their own  :wink:

Haha, I wrestled over my decision for all of, what, 2 days?!  Literally saw pictures of the new GTI on Friday morning and that was it...sold!  I gotta' admit, I hated the rear of the Scirocco when it first came out, but it really started to grow on me.  Now I think it's actually a really nicely sculpted car as you say.

If I spent more time in the car and in more traffic I'd probably change my tune on DSG, but in a GTI and the sort of miles and driving I do, the extra outlay just isn't worth it for me.  However, in a GTD with a lot of range and motorway cruising, I can certainly see the benefits and appeal.

Although it is a lot of money, when you look at what you are getting, it's not actually that bad value really.  As I've said in a previous post, it's all the car I ever need, quiet, comfy, effortless to drive, and brings a smile to my face.  Just so happens that I think it looks far better than the over-styled alternatives too!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 11 April 2013, 11:53 »
OrangeWheels.co.uk have now listed the GTI, not as much discount as broadspeed though.

http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/custom/vw-golf-gti.html
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #93 on: 11 April 2013, 18:32 »
OrangeWheels.co.uk have now listed the GTI, not as much discount as broadspeed though.

http://www.orangewheels.co.uk/volkswagen/volkswagen-golf/custom/vw-golf-gti.html

4% discount then on GTD
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White