Author Topic: Is a tiguan any good after a mk6 ?  (Read 4471 times)

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
Re: Is a tiguan any good after a mk6 ?
« Reply #20 on: 09 December 2012, 10:02 »
I'm thinking of replacing my Leon TDI 130 in about 6 months time with either an Audi Q3 sline, VW tiguan or a Skoda yeti, I looked at other makes rangerover(image put me off) RAV4 etc bit ruled most of them out.
I like the Audi trim and spec the most by a lot but the tiguan outside looks the most. I'm also not sure if the 140tdi will be enough as its a lot heavier than the Leon.
i'm going to use it as a winter car,.shopping car, towing a car trailer or a 10ft trailer for DIY stuff/car parts collection.
 :undecided:

Id get the AudiQ3 or the Yeti , Ive been finding the Tig is not very fuel efficient proving expensive to run but its still a great car. :wink: Also i'm just not doing the milage to justify the diesel expense.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2012, 10:03 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 09 December 2012, 10:36 »
I'm thinking of replacing my Leon TDI 130 in about 6 months time with either an Audi Q3 sline, VW tiguan or a Skoda yeti, I looked at other makes rangerover(image put me off) RAV4 etc bit ruled most of them out.
I like the Audi trim and spec the most by a lot but the tiguan outside looks the most. I'm also not sure if the 140tdi will be enough as its a lot heavier than the Leon.
i'm going to use it as a winter car,.shopping car, towing a car trailer or a 10ft trailer for DIY stuff/car parts collection.
 :undecided:

Id get the AudiQ3 or the Yeti , Ive been finding the Tig is not very fuel efficient proving expensive to run but its still a great car. :wink: Also i'm just not doing the milage to justify the diesel expense.

I specced up the new Tiguan R line the other day, looks really smart but only comes in manual atm which is a shame, i'm suprised to hear that it's dear to run though.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #22 on: 09 December 2012, 10:46 »
The way I looked at it is its a tonne and a half heavy square brick so I'm not expecting it too be great on fuel to be honest. Our vans are not and its a.similar shape.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2012, 10:59 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #23 on: 09 December 2012, 12:36 »
What's your TIG doing Steve?

Mrs Docs 140bhp DSG Yeti does about 40mpg on the school / shopping run which I think is very acceptable tbh.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #24 on: 09 December 2012, 12:53 »
What's your TIG doing Steve?

Mrs Docs 140bhp DSG Yeti does about 40mpg on the school / shopping run which I think is very acceptable tbh.

Around London Doc about 35 and thats fary driving, now on M-way totally differant 48-50MPG at 70mph :wink:

I put in £25 diesel couple of days ago have done 65 miles town driving its on reserve now.
« Last Edit: 09 December 2012, 12:57 by Steve30 »

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 09 December 2012, 14:03 »
Sounds not good should be getting 140 miles to your £25 but of course it all depends on traffic conditions, driving style, temperature etc

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #26 on: 09 December 2012, 14:14 »
Doc
Do the newer engines warm up quicker than the older PDs?
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #27 on: 09 December 2012, 15:57 »
Sounds not good should be getting 140 miles to your £25 but of course it all depends on traffic conditions, driving style, temperature etc

No chance on the above figures Doc wishful thnking mate :wink:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 09 December 2012, 18:12 »
Doc
Do the newer engines warm up quicker than the older PDs?

I'd say so yes but I've never timed one tbh, would make sense that they would heat up faster to help with the drive cycle figures.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #29 on: 10 December 2012, 17:00 »
Steve

That's not far off what I'm getting on the GTd at the minute  :sad: 

it's in for MOT and brake fluid at the end of the month and have asked them to look at.  It's not been the same since I had the DPF light come on and now it also seems to regenerate more frequently - me thinks they've tweaked it in VCDS.

Having said that, had a good run out yesterday and got near 50 which was a pleasant change.