Author Topic: Is a tiguan any good after a mk6 ?  (Read 4468 times)

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
Re: Is a tiguan any good after a mk6 ?
« Reply #10 on: 07 November 2012, 17:27 »
I have a Tiguan 170 Sport and my wife has a Golf GTD 170 , I like driving both and the Tig is quite quick  but not as much as the Golf .
I would recommend you go to the dealers and see if they would give you a demonstrater for a day to see if you like it .

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2012, 18:22 »
As a family car, I thought the boot was a bit of a let down when I looked at one. Then again, I'm used to been able to getting 2 kids mountain bikes and a heap load of other stuff in the boot of my Passat estate, without having to fold the seats down.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 November 2012, 18:50 »
i agree

when we went to look at the tiguan i was disappointed with the boot space and rear seat room etc

the boot is no bigger than the golf really and the back seat leg room just the same only a bit higher.

its not as versatile as alot of the competition either. our altea has very flexible rear seats/boot which can be adjusted to suit more situations.

the passat estate is huge in the back and a much better bet for a family car i reckon.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #13 on: 07 November 2012, 21:05 »
i agree

when we went to look at the tiguan i was disappointed with the boot space and rear seat room etc

the boot is no bigger than the golf really and the back seat leg room just the same only a bit higher.

its not as versatile as alot of the competition either. our altea has very flexible rear seats/boot which can be adjusted to suit more situations.

the passat estate is huge in the back and a much better bet for a family car i reckon.

A Passat over mapped Tig , I dont think so you forgot the 4wd :laugh:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 08 November 2012, 08:02 »
It depends what you want to do with it Steve. For everyday carting the kids about, the Tig is an excellent car. A 4 wheel drive one would also be better than my Passat for towing, but, when I have the caravan on the back, as it only has a 250ish kg payload, lots of stuff has to go in the car. There just isn't the room in the Tig to fit everything in.

There is of course the Passat Alltrack. They are a monumental amount of money for what they are new, but there are 6 month old ones around now for about £23k, which makes one a serious consideration.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline bcarlin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 08 November 2012, 12:55 »
Anyone want to buy a range rover ?
Think im going to go get a test drive in a r line model

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #16 on: 09 November 2012, 14:12 »
Passats loose money so fast it's shocking - not yours as it's not under three years old of course.

We sold my wifes 2009 freelander 2 as the boot couldn't accomodate our sons pram etc due to the suspension intrusion and that's why she ended up with the tig then the yeti.

With 4x4s you'd need a disco etc to get big estate space then some.....

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 December 2012, 17:32 »
Interested to find out today that in January you will be able to order a tiguan 2.0 tdi 177 ps dsg......
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #18 on: 02 December 2012, 18:49 »
So basically the same combo that's in the Audi Q3. Sounds good. :nerd:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #19 on: 09 December 2012, 09:56 »
I'm thinking of replacing my Leon TDI 130 in about 6 months time with either an Audi Q3 sline, VW tiguan or a Skoda yeti, I looked at other makes rangerover(image put me off) RAV4 etc bit ruled most of them out.
I like the Audi interior trim and spec the most by a lot but the tiguan outside looks the most. I'm also not sure if the 140tdi will be enough as its a lot heavier than the Leon.
i'm going to use it as a winter car, a shopping car and towing a few different things (car trailer, 10ft trailer for DIY stuff/car parts collection, boat)
 :undecided:

« Last Edit: 09 December 2012, 10:43 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.