Author Topic: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???  (Read 10797 times)

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #10 on: 01 July 2005, 14:29 »
not a fool at all, cars cost money but are lots of fun in the process. looking at other people lists i must have spent a similar amount but the trick is to get your hands dirty and try to do as much as you can your self. i know not everyone is mechanically minded but you save a fortune even doing the little jobs. for example changing your oil etc. also a good way to get parts is to scour classifieds. i think i'm a bit of a tight arse, i shop around as much as possible to get the best price but when you start adding things up it makes sense to do so!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline [han]

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,580
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #11 on: 01 July 2005, 14:40 »
ok.. so my cars a totally diff league to you guys.. but heres how it stands atm... (gettin back to standard 1.6 driver.. then the moddin will start  :wink:)

car £200
m.o.t £42 (it took 3 attempts to pass, but atleast i only had to pay for one test)
parts to pass m.o.t £35 (inc labour - i got a lovely lil bro with a trade card  :grin: )
VIC check £35
Tax £170
armoured door plates (fell in handbag at scrappy)
3 offside tinted glass panels £23.50
4 x shiny inserts for door handles (also fell in handbag)
single headlight grill (donated)
starter (donated)
dash surround (donated)
door speakers (donated from a non runner at home)
dents removed (£25 - and he couldn't get them all out  :angry: )
rear wiper (liberated.... well swapped....)
oil (change) - liberated from my bro's work

and thats just me gettin on the road.... not bad goin i don't think.....

Offline knobby

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 855
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #12 on: 01 July 2005, 14:47 »
Han.... You did well!  :wink:
 
Decided to have a go at the wheel arches myself.. really how hard can it be cutting a bit of metal..

Knobby

Old VW's never die...they just go faster!

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #13 on: 01 July 2005, 14:47 »
hannah, i think you're a dirty little tea leaf and i'd never condone robbing parts from a scrap yard! :tongue:
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline topher

  • Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,557
  • fully functioning
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #14 on: 01 July 2005, 15:07 »
when you're a young blonde lass they give you the parts for free :wink:

To be honest i dont think its possible to spend TOO much on your car, other people may think so.. but its your car not theres, if you didn't think it was worth it you'd sell the car anyway right ?

As for my spending list on dubs.. since joining this forum back in 2003 i've cained over 20k on cars/bills/repairs/mods, but i still smile everytime i drive them :grin:

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #15 on: 01 July 2005, 15:09 »
^^ you earn too much!
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline topher

  • Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,557
  • fully functioning
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #16 on: 01 July 2005, 15:13 »
no i just live in a cardboard box and live on baked beans so i can spend everything on cars :laugh:

Offline ...joe

  • Forum Supporter
  • Forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 6,269
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #17 on: 01 July 2005, 15:15 »
ahh thats where i'm going wrong!!! for some reason i think it makes sense to have 30 odd pairs of trainers on the go at once, add that up and thats a tidy golf in itself! :wink:
team grumpy....... its a way of life, not a forum post

mail@trimdeluxe.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Trimdeluxe

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #18 on: 01 July 2005, 15:36 »
I reckon I'm getting close to a grand now but that's not to bad really. Needs a few little more bits doing. The mini however doesn't owe me a whole lotta change out of £15K.

Nick

Offline monzablue16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,537
Re: Am I a being a fool???? too much cash???
« Reply #19 on: 01 July 2005, 23:35 »
We daredn't ask JV how much the tvr golf cost :gulp:

If I spend any more on mine I won't be driving as I'll be missing an arm and a leg!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08