Author Topic: gti  (Read 1322 times)

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
gti
« on: 17 June 2012, 20:20 »
On the mk4 golf if they have the gti badge where they all turbo? Or are there gti non turbo,it's someone told me that he there was a red i on the badge that ment turbo....

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: gti
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2012, 20:25 »
Don't know about the badge but the Mk4 GTi came in 1.8 (20V, 125 bhp) and 2.0 (8V, 115 bhp) NA versions.

Have a look on Autotrader - there are loads of 2.0s for cheap money. £800 upwards will get you a good one. (The 1.8Ts tend to be £1500+).

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: gti
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2012, 20:31 »
What I mean is,having a ruck with friends and he is saying if there is a red i on the gti badge then it's turbo,I thought all mk4 with gti badge where turbo 20v turbo?

VW BUSH

  • Guest
Re: gti
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2012, 20:44 »
Not all turbo's with GTI badge, I too thought the Red I meant turbo as well but a family member has had two turbo's with all silver badges........

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: gti
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2012, 21:39 »

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: gti
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2012, 07:24 »
Mk3 section?  :huh: