Author Topic: best rear offset for 9" wheels  (Read 3072 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
best rear offset for 9" wheels
« on: 11 June 2012, 21:51 »
just been looking at diferant wheels and found some nice wheels i like but they come 7.5j front and 9j rear. i no i can do the fronts at ET20 to have them sit nice but what offset on the rear do i have to make them sit the best with rolled arches

Offline tshirt2k

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,323
  • Been there...Done that...
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2012, 06:03 »
9's are usually ET15


Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2012, 07:33 »
9's are usually ET15

sweet cheers mate

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2012, 10:07 »
My sig pic is 9" et15

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2012, 17:35 »
My sig pic is 9" et15

do you run spacers aswell or is that them sat on the hub ? cheers

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2012, 17:40 »
My sig pic is 9" et15

do you run spacers aswell or is that them sat on the hub ? cheers

The wheels are et20 but I have a 5mm spacer each side making them et15. And I've got camber shims in set to 20/20 that's -2

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline tshirt2k

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,323
  • Been there...Done that...
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2012, 20:26 »
Do the insides of the wheels touch suspension at ET20?


Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2012, 22:01 »
Would I need shims aswell then?

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #8 on: 12 June 2012, 23:00 »
Do the insides of the wheels touch suspension at ET20?

No got about 1" the standard gti wheels sit in more than 9" et20  :wink:

Stainesy it's up to you. I had to pull my arch too. I wanted them flush. If you want poke then don't fit shims and just roll ya arch.

I've tucked my 8" et20 front. That was a mission lol when I first put the front on, they poked out about 30mm  :grin:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: best rear offset for 9" wheels
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2012, 10:14 »
ok cool well the fronts will be 16" ET20 and only 7.5j so they should be ok with just rolling the arch. so just rolling the rear arch with 16" ET15 and 9j will be ok then? sweet. just need to save up the funds for the wheels now.  :grin:

this is gona look sick. im on a mission now to get these wheels.