Author Topic: What's this?  (Read 2715 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
What's this?
« on: 07 June 2012, 16:46 »
Does any one know what this is? And do I need it? There are 2 in each corner of my dash, don't know if it's part of the alarm or an old phone kit. Planning to get some black abc pillars and don't want to put holes in them. What I have is just painted black


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: What's this?
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2012, 18:07 »
Pic? 

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: What's this?
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2012, 18:15 »
Oh yeah ... might help!



I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: What's this?
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2012, 18:18 »
Looks like a sensor for an aftermarket alarm system, do you have one fitted,,

Offline clancy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 505
Re: What's this?
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2012, 18:21 »
Aftermarket alarm sensor, odd to see them that low there usually at the top of the pillar but still

MK3 GTI 16v

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: What's this?
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2012, 18:22 »
I would also say proximity sensor for alarm,or worlds smallest tweeter  :grin:

Offline KIN9DUB

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: What's this?
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2012, 18:49 »
yeah, i'ts def an alarm sensor, my mate had them on his car, pain in the arse if the get turned out the window, constantly go off. they might have put it down there out of site. god knows.

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: What's this?
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2012, 19:05 »
Could also be an old handsfree mic for a phone.

Offline KIN9DUB

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: What's this?
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2012, 19:10 »
Oh yeah, maybe.. :smiley:

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: What's this?
« Reply #9 on: 07 June 2012, 19:42 »
alarm sensor for the vw fitted conlog alarm

mine had them!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk