Author Topic: colour coding spoiler  (Read 4010 times)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #10 on: 06 June 2012, 11:48 »
Wich bit of the grill are you talking about mate?

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #11 on: 06 June 2012, 13:27 »
My grill is metal  :huh:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #12 on: 06 June 2012, 13:40 »
yeah so is mine and the fins are hard plastic  :undecided:

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #13 on: 06 June 2012, 16:37 »
A badgeless one I had on my old golf

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #14 on: 06 June 2012, 16:45 »
A badgeless one I had on my old golf

iv had loads of badgeless grills and non of them were soft rubber like the rear spoiler

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2012, 18:45 »
I would se the plastic primer then normal primor on that. Then rub down and spray colour. Few coats of colour then light rub down and then clear coats. Up to you to rub that down and buff.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2012, 19:03 »
I would se the plastic primer then normal primor on that. Then rub down and spray colour. Few coats of colour then light rub down and then clear coats. Up to you to rub that down and buff.

yeah im quite happy to do all that just thought id ask as iv never done a plastic serface like that before. its always been metal iv done.
would this same this work on the plastic wheel arches if sanded smooth first you recon?

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2012, 19:23 »
A badgeless one I had on my old golf

iv had loads of badgeless grills and non of them were soft rubber like the rear spoiler

What's soft rubber?
My back spoiler is made of the same stuff as the bumpers.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2012, 19:28 »
I would se the plastic primer then normal primor on that. Then rub down and spray colour. Few coats of colour then light rub down and then clear coats. Up to you to rub that down and buff.

yeah im quite happy to do all that just thought id ask as iv never done a plastic serface like that before. its always been metal iv done.
would this same this work on the plastic wheel arches if sanded smooth first you recon?


Yeah!
You could just build the primer up and not sand the arches down. Again up to you. 

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline mrsaunders

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 575
Re: colour coding spoiler
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2012, 23:18 »
A badgeless one I had on my old golf

iv had loads of badgeless grills and non of them were soft rubber like the rear spoiler

What's soft rubber?
My back spoiler is made of the same stuff as the bumpers.

like what he said, your spoilers made from foam?  :huh: i wouldnt say there soft