Author Topic: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"  (Read 2464 times)

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684


Well i ran around waaaay to long on a space saver because i was being a lazy tool basicly....

Result being this, driveshaft slackend off and went to put car into reverse, got about 10 meters and bang driveshaft smashed into box  :nerd: :rolleyes:

If you use one, put it on the rear, or dont be a lazy tool like me, luckily this happened at work so didn't have to get it recovered anywhere haha  :cool:

Atleast i'm going 20vt and this wont be needed, so not such a loss  :drool:



Offline dubstar9

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 392
  • Back to the Golf scene
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2012, 19:12 »
Ouch!!! :rolleyes:

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2012, 19:20 »
you put a space saver on the front?  :rolleyes:

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2012, 19:38 »
you put a space saver on the front?  :rolleyes:


Yup  :smug:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2012, 19:57 »
I was wondering why one of the gear clusters is brown but that must be the speedo drive.

Offline Chris.

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,916
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2012, 20:22 »
I cant see why the shaft would come out?

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline CJA321

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 684
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2012, 20:24 »
The nuts slackened off the inner shaft with it being a smaller wheel and it being under extra pressure with it being lowered i think caused it. A.d yeah that bit is the speedo drive

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2012, 20:33 »
in a way thats a pretty awsome job  :grin:





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline danmusic24

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 623
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #8 on: 04 June 2012, 20:35 »
I was going to run four of them as they look the nuts  :laugh:

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Why you should only use a space saver as "Tempory use"
« Reply #9 on: 04 June 2012, 23:31 »
That doesn't sound right to me dude, but good luck with the repair,