Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 1856 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Advice please
« on: 03 June 2012, 13:58 »
Just sort of been offered a wheel swap .... My 15"ats cups for a set of 16" borbet a's not as mug offset on the borbets but there a very cool wheel..... Not sure what to do. Opinions please


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2012, 14:01 »
depends on the look your going for but I would say borbets as I would prefer the 16s over 15s. if they were both same size I'm not sure as I like them both :)
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: Advice please
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2012, 14:07 »
cups are for mk1 & 2 IMHO

so i would go for the others if going on a 3

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Advice please
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2012, 14:35 »
Borbets for me  :cool:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Advice please
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2012, 14:45 »
how wide are the borbets? coz the there the smaller A's id keep the cups
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Advice please
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2012, 16:24 »
Going for a look later might end up having to sell the cups separately !


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Advice please
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2012, 01:00 »
cups are for mk1 & 2 IMHO

so i would go for the others if going on a 3

Totally agree, Cups are pretty old hat now and need to be on a suitably old car. I loved them on my mk1 but the mk3 is just too new.