Author Topic: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?  (Read 4051 times)

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
I found this out while in my old gti, and it also works in my pov spec cl.

As we all no if you push the wiper stalk down you get and intermittent wiper, but, if you push it down, then back up to the off position, count to 5 (or whatever time you want between wipes eg 3seconds or 7 seconds etc) and then push the wiper stalk back down the wipers will now wiper every 5 seconds  :cool:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline 16valver dan

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 312
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2012, 18:25 »
i certainly didnt maintanience sticky i think
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)

Offline DUBboi12

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 279
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2012, 18:25 »
I didn't now that but I will try it lol

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2012, 18:27 »
Think everyone will be trying this now  :grin:

I'm not sure the limit on timing but I have had it wiping every 10 seconds  :cool: need to get out more I think  :laugh:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2012, 18:38 »
yep i found out after thinking why is mine a randon speed. then realised how to do it on my last mk3.
havnt been able to do it on this one though as the stalk dont work propply  :rolleyes:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2012, 18:39 »
yep i found out after thinking why is mine a randon speed. then realised how to do it on my last mk3.
havnt been able to do it on this one though as the stalk dont work propply  :rolleyes:

Yh that's how I found out,
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2012, 18:39 »
Known this for years  :grin:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline Bellend

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,718
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2012, 18:50 »
Know and use this regularly. Find it great in the rain, can set it just right without it being overly annoying. :)

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2012, 18:52 »
yeah it has been a long time since iv known this  :grin:

Offline Screech16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,432
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2012, 18:52 »
Yep also known for years ,was mesin with it one day to see what the biggest delay was possible ,was something like 21 secs,so every time it wiped i sung 21 seconds to go........... :laugh: