Author Topic: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?  (Read 4067 times)

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2012, 18:54 »
Yep also known for years ,was mesin with it one day to see what the biggest delay was possible ,was something like 21 secs,so every time it wiped i sung 21 seconds to go........... :laugh:

 :laugh:


Just thort I'd post it as I thort that there would be a few people who didn't know ( didn't think I was the only one who knew  :laugh:)
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2012, 18:54 »
found out few months back just assumed everyone knew  :huh:
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2012, 20:29 »
Call me a noob but I didn't.

And how clever of the VW engineers.

Definitely worth stickying.

Offline kodkod.84

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2012, 23:17 »
I only knew cos I'm a sad git who read the instruction manual :)

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2012, 23:24 »
Was told about it when I first got the car!

This info is already up in info/maintanence if folk would only bother to look! :rolleyes:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline kahunajb

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2012, 23:38 »
Worked this out myself after about a week of owning my mk3. :wink:
Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI - Keeping
Mk5 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 1 - FOR SALE £5,250
Mk3 GTI 16v Anniversary - OEM+ - Gone :(
Mk4 GTI 2.0 - Slow - Good Riddance

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #16 on: 01 June 2012, 00:26 »
I've known this since owning my first Golf. Get with the times man.  :grin:

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #17 on: 01 June 2012, 08:20 »
If Shady knew then there is no reason why anyone should have known this......only joking Bud  :evil:

Offline JamesS

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 130
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #18 on: 01 June 2012, 09:22 »
On Old Landy’s you can do this and there doesn't seem to be a limit to the intermittent-ness! :shocked:
AEROSPACE GRADE CNC MACHINED VR6 KEYRINGS. ONLY £16.50 INC P&P.
http://www.mk2vr6.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13053



Offline spikenipple

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 644
Re: Did anyone know you can set the intermittent wiper time?
« Reply #19 on: 01 June 2012, 14:45 »
Yeah I worked this one out a while back. Took me longer to work out the timing for getting the rear wiper to turn off though  :grin: