Author Topic: Rat-Look discuss?  (Read 9685 times)

Offline Edwh0re

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 399
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #20 on: 28 May 2012, 20:01 »
how hard is it to put some glue on an old vw badge and stick it to the bonnet?

Not very, but its a lot harder to cut one in as a vent.....  :wink:

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #21 on: 28 May 2012, 20:16 »
please tell me how most of that took the care and attention to detail that other people do to make there cars look good.

that's not really the point though. Maybe they do it because they think it looks good, not so others think they spent a lot of time doing it. I know I don't care what others think of my mk3, I do it all for me :)
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #22 on: 28 May 2012, 20:26 »
how hard is it to put some glue on an old vw badge and stick it to the bonnet?

Not very, but its a lot harder to cut one in as a vent.....  :wink:

oh you mean like stick some masking tape down. put the badge over it. strace out the shape inside the holes then cut them out with a grinder?
yeah must take ages  :grin:
must take care wile doing it not to scratch the paint tho  :grin:
« Last Edit: 28 May 2012, 20:28 by stainesy »

Offline Shady Pioneer

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 8,669
  • graphic designer.
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #23 on: 28 May 2012, 22:59 »
Rat look is awful. I don't even give them a glance, not worth it.

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #24 on: 28 May 2012, 23:45 »
Rat look is really, really stupid on modern cars!

It is meant for cars up to early 50's and no younger! Its really for 30's/40's Rodded cars.
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #25 on: 28 May 2012, 23:52 »
Rat look is really, really stupid on modern cars!

It is meant for cars up to early 50's and no younger! Its really for 30's/40's Rodded cars.



 :cool:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #26 on: 29 May 2012, 00:01 »
That rod is insane. Nice pheasant detail as well.  :wink:

Offline gossy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 19
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #27 on: 30 May 2012, 12:46 »
Hey,

The only really good rat look I've seen is this one:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3023/5863401539_31fde5b435_o.jpg

I think you really have to go all out if you want it to look good!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2012, 13:02 »
 :grin:Teddy alloys :grin:

Still looks cack.

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #29 on: 30 May 2012, 13:05 »
 :cool: :sick:
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi