Author Topic: Rat-Look discuss?  (Read 9704 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Rat-Look discuss?
« on: 27 May 2012, 23:11 »
ok first off i know its down to personal taste, and i also know a lot of us like our cars looking tip top shape. finally i know there is also dedicated sites for people really in to there rat look mk3s but i like this forum and interested to know what other people think of it.

I'm going to be honest i'v seen  a few rat-look mk3s and found myself liking them mainly the ones that go all out where all the car is looking run down slammed and some random bike of the roof. others where its just a bonnet i think whats the point again personal taste.
What about you guys what you say on the subject?


(thinking about it i wouldn't do it to gti or vr6 it have to be a 1.4cl LOL. i'v not the balls to do it tho not unless its a second car and i get to drive my daughter to school in the normal family car and go out on weekend in the rat-look car.)
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2012, 23:22 »
I used to think they where 'cool' but now I think it's a lazy way to mod your car, ie cover it in cheap crap and take all the paint off n let it rust. Rather then looking after your car, buying/ doing tasteful mods and cleaning and caring for your car.

Don't do it to your 1.4 bud, it may only be a 1.4 but don't let that stop it being a great golf!

Edit: mines only a 1.6, still love it more then my old gti valver
« Last Edit: 27 May 2012, 23:24 by murraymint »
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2012, 23:43 »
Stupid idea that does not really work on newer stuff.

Offline eamonnism

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 158
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #3 on: 28 May 2012, 00:12 »
I love it when its done right, i hate it when theyre overdone with hazard tape and stickerbombing mind.

Some dude near me drives this

Love it!  :cool:

Offline murraymint

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,022
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2012, 00:15 »
I love it when its done right, i hate it when theyre overdone with hazard tape and stickerbombing mind.

Some dude near me drives this

Love it!  :cool:

 :grin: love the way there crowded round that Renault and ignoring that mint looking bug next to it!
josh


95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL,  97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2012, 05:55 »
I quite like some of the 'distressed' looking mk2's and 3's that you see but not with the rust and bikes on the roof type stuff, i think the cut off point is lower spec mk3's and anything newer just looks wrong.

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2012, 06:08 »


Don't do it to your 1.4 bud, it may only be a 1.4 but don't let that stop it being a great golf!

+1 I love my 1.4!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2012, 07:09 »
I just look at rat cars as people that want scene points but can't be arssed to make a nice car so they bode together a rat car. Never saw the point of it.
I remember years ago when I first started seeing really nice well done cars but then they had a rusty bonnet. And I used to and still do think why would you do that.

Offline JC

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 13,393
  • Back in the North.
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2012, 07:31 »
here ya go, some fooking awful forced rat cars  :lipsrsealed:

http://rat-look.com/image-gallery/

Offline thai-wronghorse

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,325
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Rat-Look discuss?
« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2012, 09:30 »
Stupid idea that does not really work on newer stuff.


Exactly, it winds me up when see mk5 /6 Golfs with rusty panels and whitewall tyres. Seriously why the f**k would you do that?


The rat look should be kept to campers, beetles, mk1 and 2's at a push if done properly. Mk3's are a no-no imo as they far too new and rounded.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2012, 09:33 by thai-wronghorse »