Author Topic: what's fuel like on a vr6  (Read 3143 times)

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
what's fuel like on a vr6
« on: 26 May 2012, 15:26 »
one of the reasons I like my 1.4 is due to fuel pretty good about a tenner will get me from Poole to Weymouth and back. that's about 45 miles round trip I think. what's the vr6 like? even gti? as I'm on side lines to upgrade to one lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline BenGTI16v

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 18
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2012, 15:37 »
my gti 16v costs me about 35 quid a week to do 180 miles to and from work on A roads usually around 35 mpg but its terrible in town traffic

Offline clancy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 505
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2012, 17:25 »
Hi mate, I live in Weymouth. My 8v gti will go to Poole and back for between 10-15£ which is alright but as said above round town and real short journeys it's pretty poor tbh, just find myself massively avoiding short journeys where possible
MK3 GTI 16v

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2012, 17:26 »
one of the reasons I like my 1.4 is due to fuel pretty good about a tenner will get me from Poole to Weymouth and back. that's about 45 miles round trip I think. what's the vr6 like? even gti? as I'm on side lines to upgrade to one lol.

mate that is sh!t

my S3 engined MK3 will do more than that to a tenner
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Bandit127

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 443
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2012, 17:35 »
Unless my maths is out you are doing 27 mpg (@ 1.38 pence per litre).  :shocked:

My 8V GTi is lucky to see 30 mph on the crawl to work and spends 1/3 of that at more like 5 mph. Has a stuck open thermostat. And still does 30 mpg on that journey.

I would expect to see at least 35 mpg from it on your journey.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2012, 18:15 »
I just took my vr6 out. Put £30 quid super unleaded and it did 17mpg on some b roads  :grin:

You don't buy a vr6 to go slow and get good mpg  :laugh:

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline johnnyvr6

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 447
  • golf v6 4motion soon to be 1.8t'd
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2012, 18:27 »
one of the reasons I like my 1.4 is due to fuel pretty good about a tenner will get me from Poole to Weymouth and back. that's about 45 miles round trip I think. what's the vr6 like? even gti? as I'm on side lines to upgrade to one lol.

mate that is sh!t

my S3 engined MK3 will do more than that to a tenner

1.8t's are good on fuel and alot more tunable than a vr6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2012, 19:09 »
Hi mate, I live in Weymouth. My 8v gti will go to Poole and back for between 10-15£ which is alright but as said above round town and real short journeys it's pretty poor tbh, just find myself massively avoiding short journeys where possible

Thats cool man,  im down weymouth a lot of the time. sounds the same as mine but mines just a 1.4 hmmm might just got for a 8v GTi
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2012, 19:11 »
People its £10 for the whole trip there and back not just £10 there and then £10 back i think that pretty good :-/  (just googled my journey and it says it was 75miles all in all. bit more than i thought lol.
« Last Edit: 26 May 2012, 19:41 by search »
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline search

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 898
Re: what's fuel like on a vr6
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2012, 19:28 »
A gallon is just over 4 1/2 litres when i put £10 it give me just under 8 litres and i'm doing generally 45 miles on this. (dual carriage trip) thinking about it this includes picking friends up and a stop at tesco.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6