GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Coilover choice.
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
3
Author
Topic: Coilover choice. (Read 4620 times)
Willyboy
Not said much yet
Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #10 on:
09 May 2012, 21:02 »
I can get the spax rsx coilovers for £530 so wouldnt really want to spend anymore than £600
Logged
Dogbot
Here all the time
Posts: 431
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #11 on:
09 May 2012, 21:18 »
You can get kw variant 1's for £450....
Logged
Len
10k hero
Posts: 16,292
Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #12 on:
09 May 2012, 21:35 »
Do the Spax ones have adjustable damping as well?
Logged
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16
www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk
Willyboy
Not said much yet
Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #13 on:
09 May 2012, 21:43 »
Are the kw variant 1 kit adjustable damping? And the spax are fully adjustable.
Logged
Dan_GTi8v
I live here
Posts: 1,904
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #14 on:
09 May 2012, 22:27 »
I'm no coilover guru but I would say £530 is quite cheap for a fully adjustable set which would put me off buying them after having more than enough of cheap suspension problems in the past, just my opinion though I'm sure there will be plenty of people who rate them
Logged
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!
Build thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0
Willyboy
Not said much yet
Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #15 on:
10 May 2012, 10:25 »
Weitec hicon tx coilovers or Spax rsx coilovers. Which would you go for peoples?
Logged
VR6_Wherry
Forum addict
Posts: 4,938
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #16 on:
10 May 2012, 10:34 »
Having the SPAX PSX kit which had adjustable dampering, they have been the best by far! My only concern with the RSX kit is that it doesn't allow you to lower it too much.
Logged
Project Section
Dan_GTi8v
I live here
Posts: 1,904
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #17 on:
10 May 2012, 11:09 »
between spax or wietec I would go wietec all day long, would of thought they are a bit more expensive though?
Logged
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!
Build thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0
Len
10k hero
Posts: 16,292
Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #18 on:
10 May 2012, 12:07 »
My FK Konigsports cost me £560 but I think they are now over £700!
Logged
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16
www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk
VR6_Wherry
Forum addict
Posts: 4,938
Re: Coilover choice.
«
Reply #19 on:
10 May 2012, 12:16 »
Quote from: Len on 10 May 2012, 12:07
My FK Konigsports cost me £560 but I think they are now over £700!
This is what my next purchase was going to be, i get VAT off so save over £100
Logged
Project Section
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
3
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
Coilover choice.