Author Topic: Coilover choice.  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Willyboy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #10 on: 09 May 2012, 21:02 »
I can get the spax rsx coilovers for £530 so wouldnt really want to spend anymore than £600

Offline Dogbot

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 431
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #11 on: 09 May 2012, 21:18 »
You can get kw variant 1's for £450....

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2012, 21:35 »
Do the Spax ones have adjustable damping as well?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline Willyboy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #13 on: 09 May 2012, 21:43 »
Are the kw variant 1 kit adjustable damping? And the spax are fully adjustable.

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #14 on: 09 May 2012, 22:27 »
I'm no coilover guru but I would say £530 is quite cheap for a fully adjustable set which would put me off buying them after having more than enough of cheap suspension problems in the past, just my opinion though I'm sure there will be plenty of people who rate them  :smiley:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Willyboy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 10
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2012, 10:25 »
Weitec hicon tx coilovers or Spax rsx coilovers. Which would you go for peoples?

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2012, 10:34 »
Having the SPAX PSX kit which had adjustable dampering, they have been the best by far! My only concern with the RSX kit is that it doesn't allow you to lower it too much.

Offline Dan_GTi8v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,904
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2012, 11:09 »
between spax or wietec I would go wietec all day long, would of thought they are a bit more expensive though?
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Len

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,292
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2012, 12:07 »
My FK Konigsports cost me £560 but I think they are now over £700! :shocked:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Coilover choice.
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2012, 12:16 »
My FK Konigsports cost me £560 but I think they are now over £700! :shocked:

This is what my next purchase was going to be, i get VAT off so save over £100  :smug: