Author Topic: Stupid wide wheels  (Read 2962 times)

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Stupid wide wheels
« on: 28 April 2012, 18:58 »
You know who this is aimed at!

Too much work for you? :grin:





Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2012, 19:05 »
 :grin:
Cheers mate and yes I defo want them.
Let me sort some funds out and if you still have them in a week or so I want them  :grin:
Going to have to get some bigger wheel arch extensions.  :cool:

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2012, 19:13 »
Haha they wont be an easy fit but thats clearly obvious  :evil: Will be worth the effort though.

I'll try and snap a front wheel shot tomorrow to see how they fit as they are the 'not so 9" wide ones  :laugh: :grin:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2012, 19:22 »
Yeah would be good to see what they are like lock to lock when turning.
I'm thinking trim wheel arches and re-strengthen them then wheel arch extensions as don't think a flair will go out that far.

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2012, 20:36 »
you know i should have these because of my arches are already done for wide wheels ;)

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2012, 21:31 »
you know i should have these because of my arches are already done for wide wheels ;)

what have you done to your arches mate?

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2012, 21:58 »
il say now man not to dishearten you but theres alot of work involved.
going from et38 to -34et there was indeed need of arch work..

before..





during


after



just need to add slight camber and its done!

if you dont get them or dont want to have the hassle of the work il take them!
to leigh, i did try replying to your pm but didnt work for some reason!
« Last Edit: 28 April 2012, 22:03 by Gash »

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #7 on: 28 April 2012, 22:28 »
Yeah a lot of work will be involved so you would have to be 100% sure.

I know I'm happy to do the work involved but in the past week I've bought piston rings, 12 big ends, various bearings, crank seals... Along with headbolts and waiting on a 4mo mls head gasket. So you could see why I could let them go  :cry:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #8 on: 28 April 2012, 23:54 »
il say now man not to dishearten you but theres alot of work involved.
going from et38 to -34et there was indeed need of arch work..

before..





during


after



just need to add slight camber and its done!

if you dont get them or dont want to have the hassle of the work il take them!
to leigh, i did try replying to your pm but didnt work for some reason!

They are bigger than 15" ain't they mate?

Offline Gash

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,259
Re: Stupid wide wheels
« Reply #9 on: 28 April 2012, 23:59 »
nope 15x8
maybe just the tyre is a bit big plus im on air now.