Author Topic: Found a leak  (Read 2266 times)

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Found a leak
« on: 27 April 2012, 08:36 »
Came out to go to work this morning, noticed cd player wire sticking out under glovebox, went to tuck it back and came out with wet hand  :angry:. What usual suspects should I be looking for? Windscreen, pollen filter etc?

Cheers

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2012, 11:32 »
>Windscreen, pollen filter etc?
yes

Also worth checking the drains in the scuttle (where the ECU and windscreen wiper motors are)

James
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2012, 11:39 »
>Windscreen, pollen filter etc?
yes

Also worth checking the drains in the scuttle (where the ECU and windscreen wiper motors are)

James

Check them as in blockages?

Thanks

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2012, 11:48 »
yes - otherwise water off the windscreen fills it up....

see - http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/raintray/index.htm

gives you an idea of where I mean.

James
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2012, 11:54 »
You may also have a leak from the heater matrix.

Offline javalin

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,457
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #5 on: 27 April 2012, 11:55 »
yeah - is it water, or water+additive?
You only ever need two tools in life. If it moves and it shouldn't use Duct Tape. If it does not move and it should, use WD40.

Offline Deano2711

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,874
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2012, 12:03 »
Do you have a sunroof ??

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #7 on: 27 April 2012, 12:37 »
You may also have a leak from the heater matrix.
yeah - is it water, or water+additive?
No additive, just water

Do you have a sunroof ??
No sunroof

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #8 on: 27 April 2012, 12:39 »
If it is just water I would check your pollen filter plus that the scuttle drains are free.

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Re: Found a leak
« Reply #9 on: 27 April 2012, 12:56 »
Cheers guys, I'll take a gander later.