Author Topic: Would I notice a difference?  (Read 10989 times)

Offline dragongreengolfgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,124
  • my golf gti mk3
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #50 on: 26 April 2012, 19:25 »
mines not slow either will happily sit along side a corsa vxr, civic type r and clio 172 cup in a straight line  :smiley: not bad from an old car it is however gagging for more power from the help of a different engine now  :lipsrsealed:

Offline WadGTI

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 461
  • Golf GTI'er
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #51 on: 28 April 2012, 11:13 »
Ain't no torque when in 2nd.... It takes to 3-4k revs before it can go.

Worst of all, it feels it swallows fuel big time but can't piss it out fast enough.

However.  he 8v will keep up with a 2.0v 16v scobby on the motorway

Offline Khare

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,626
  • The bear that khares
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #52 on: 28 April 2012, 12:29 »
Ain't no torque when in 2nd.... It takes to 3-4k revs before it can go.

Worst of all, it feels it swallows fuel big time but can't piss it out fast enough.

However.  he 8v will keep up with a 2.0v 16v scobby on the motorway

Are you on about a 16v or an 8v? If you're on about a 16v then I think yours has problems.

And I'm not surprised an 8v will keep up with a 2l 16v scooby, it's about 100kg heavier (4wd) and only has 8hp more.

Offline F17BAD

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,225
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #53 on: 28 April 2012, 13:02 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  


Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline VR6_Wherry

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,938
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #54 on: 28 April 2012, 13:32 »
This thread is full of fail  :grin:

Gavv8

  • Guest
Re: Would I notice a difference?
« Reply #55 on: 28 April 2012, 13:41 »
I zoned out when i started seeing graphs and charts..