Author Topic: crankshaft pulley  (Read 1988 times)

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
crankshaft pulley
« on: 24 April 2012, 18:45 »
hi all what is easiest way to get pulley off need to do a cambelt change got a golf gti 8v

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2012, 18:47 »
hi all what is easiest way to get pulley off need to do a cambelt change got a golf gti 8v

Impact gun and suitable 6mm allen bit.


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline harlemex

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,023
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2012, 18:50 »
secure the pulley somehow. (oil filter strap or thin rope wrapped around pulley) undo the the allen bolts and you are done.

Offline biddy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 26
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2012, 19:32 »
thanks for replys so just remove them and pulleys come off and then i can remove cambelt cover correct

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2012, 20:35 »
thanks for replys so just remove them and pulleys come off and then i can remove cambelt cover correct

Correct


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline Rmachines

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,901
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2012, 22:20 »
I find if i tap in an allen bit then give it a hefty crack with a hammer, it will come out quite easily.  Impact gun is always the way to go though.
10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!


Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: crankshaft pulley
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2012, 22:22 »
impact gun all the way mine was a right pig but impact gun made light work of it





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!