Author Topic: Lowering Spring Caps  (Read 6129 times)

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2012, 21:22 »
If yours is a 97 you need the later springs. As far as I am aware the same springs are for the the vr6 so will sit higher on the 8v than the vr. Does that make sense?

Thats what I just said just the other way round  :tongue:

But yours is a later car as well yet it looks loads lower. Hmmm. Lowering caps look like the best bet.

Do you recommend the FK caps over the JOMs then?
« Last Edit: 24 April 2012, 21:26 by trog_nfs »

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2012, 21:39 »
Screw it I've ordered some.  :grin:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2012, 21:42 »
They will make a liitle difference but I would check what springs you have fitted, VR spec will not lower a 8v much.

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2012, 21:42 »
They will make a liitle difference but I would check what springs you have fitted, VR spec will not lower a 8v much.

There isn't a none VR option for the later cars from eibach as far as I can see Wayne

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2012, 21:45 »
They will make a liitle difference but I would check what springs you have fitted, VR spec will not lower a 8v much.

There isn't a none VR option for the later cars from eibach as far as I can see Wayne

Well VR will be the same as TDI so heavier duty to cope with the extra engine weight, they should not be the same as a 8v.

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2012, 21:50 »
They will make a liitle difference but I would check what springs you have fitted, VR spec will not lower a 8v much.

There isn't a none VR option for the later cars from eibach as far as I can see Wayne

Well VR will be the same as TDI so heavier duty to cope with the extra engine weight, they should not be the same as a 8v.

If you look at venom motorsport for example, only two suspension kits are listed. Early four cylinder and later four cylinder, diesel and vr.
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Eibach&category=suspension&product=SportlineSprings&make=VW&model=Golf%20Mk%203

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #16 on: 24 April 2012, 21:53 »
They will make a liitle difference but I would check what springs you have fitted, VR spec will not lower a 8v much.

There isn't a none VR option for the later cars from eibach as far as I can see Wayne

Well VR will be the same as TDI so heavier duty to cope with the extra engine weight, they should not be the same as a 8v.

If you look at venom motorsport for example, only two suspension kits are listed. Early four cylinder and later four cylinder, diesel and vr.
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=Eibach&category=suspension&product=SportlineSprings&make=VW&model=Golf%20Mk%203

Very strange  :undecided: should be different and yours looks like it is on VR spec, try the spring caps and see what happens

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #17 on: 24 April 2012, 21:57 »
I searched for ages trying to find eibachs for a late car that weren't also for a vr6, but failed. Seems they made them all the same from 94 onwards.

It's a little annoying, having known I would have ordered early springs and early spring caps to swap to the larger spring.

Offline kahunajb

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #18 on: 24 April 2012, 22:32 »
Is the same on the awesome site. Assuming yours is the 8v then the difference in height must be the weight. It's is strange that they don't do different ones. Like Wayne says fit the lowering caps and see how much difference it makes. :undecided:
Mk1 Leon Cupra TDI - Keeping
Mk5 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 1 - FOR SALE £5,250
Mk3 GTI 16v Anniversary - OEM+ - Gone :(
Mk4 GTI 2.0 - Slow - Good Riddance

Offline sychosis

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 252
Re: Lowering Spring Caps
« Reply #19 on: 25 April 2012, 12:53 »
Screw it I've ordered some.  :grin:

 :angry: Only just seen this thread, got some bonrath ones that I'm not using anymore.