Author Topic: what banded steel width should i get  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Junior74

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 421
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #10 on: 22 April 2012, 19:34 »
You might be alright mate I think but I would talk to tweed, he seems to know what he's on about and has a lot of good info!!! What about spacers and tires?

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2012, 19:46 »
You might be alright mate I think but I would talk to tweed, he seems to know what he's on about and has a lot of good info!!! What about spacers and tires?

i will worry about tyres and spacers once i no what ET the wheels are and the width.
what is a nice safe tyre size for 8j and 9j rims? will have kids in the car alot.

Offline tweed

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 5,377
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2012, 20:07 »
I have 195/45/16 all round I want 195/40/16

I would keep that on the front and go 20/45/16 on the rear with kids.

But that might be to much. Need to know the standard wheel specs.

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2012, 20:10 »
Buy mine!!!!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #14 on: 22 April 2012, 20:21 »
Buy mine!!!!!!!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what you got mate?

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #15 on: 22 April 2012, 20:23 »
just had a look at yours for sale and they look good. what did you have them on? a mk3?

Offline leigh_harty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,462
  • Audi AGU
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #16 on: 22 April 2012, 20:35 »
Not had them fitted yet, due to the fact I need the monies.

But to be honest if they don't sell by Thursday (their on eBay) I might try and keep them  :smiley: purely because they are daft  :cool:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #17 on: 23 April 2012, 19:03 »
Not had them fitted yet, due to the fact I need the monies.

But to be honest if they don't sell by Thursday (their on eBay) I might try and keep them  :smiley: purely because they are daft  :cool:

How much arch work would I need for your wheels mate?
Ars they 15" 10j rear and 9j fronts?

Offline stainesy

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,442
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #18 on: 23 April 2012, 19:44 »
ok peeps im really considering buying leigh_hartys banded steels 15" 9j fronts and 10j rears.
what i want to no is could i have these fitted ok with just rolled arches and maybe some arch extensions not flaired arches?
also could i have a safe usable everyday driving stretch on the rear?

Offline gasketface

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,237
Re: what banded steel width should i get
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2012, 21:01 »
i'm using these,tyres are a pain to get though

http://abbeydrum.com/prod_stainless.htm