Author Topic: any1 know what this earth is for?  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Golf_GT_TDI

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 886
  • 2015 (65) Golf GTD, 2016 (66) Golf GTI
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2012, 18:43 »
I had a VR6 with heated washers and that didn't have the earth strap fitted  :wink:
edit: just to add that as far as I remember the heated washers wiring loom has its own earth
« Last Edit: 19 April 2012, 18:45 by Golf_GT_TDI »

Offline Ess_Three

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,123
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2012, 18:43 »
Is it not for the heated washers then ?.

Nope, they have two wires to each washer jet.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline off_the_cuff

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 106
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
« Reply #12 on: 19 April 2012, 23:45 »
any other 1s i should check?

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: any1 know what this earth is for?
« Reply #13 on: 20 April 2012, 08:07 »
Bonnet to body earth mine was missing when I got mine but have a new one now made no diffrence





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!