Author Topic: 501 or 509 LEDs??  (Read 2172 times)

Offline b_boy02

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 57
501 or 509 LEDs??
« on: 17 April 2012, 21:26 »
Hello,
Just a quick question, I have ordered some 501 LEDs for my dials and MFA following the advice posted here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=181457.0

Just want to check though as the 501 LED is a push in type right?? Are the standard bulbs not twist in meaning my new LEDs wont fit or can I remove the standard bulb from the twist in style holder and replace with the 501?

Thanks!


Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2012, 21:31 »
http://www.carstyleplus.co.uk/LED-neon-lighting/LED-dashboard-lighting/led_dashboard_lighting.html

You need these dude don't think anything else will fit though I'm not an expert


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline b_boy02

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2012, 21:38 »
If that is the case someone should amend the guide to the correct type.... :angry:

Offline stow1985

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,122
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2012, 23:14 »
Yeah the guide is wrong, I found that out when I changed my dash lights

Good luck
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline b_boy02

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2012, 15:12 »
Great!! Best order some others then!

Is it a pain to get the needles back to the correct position when you remove the dials to take the filter out the MFA display?

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2012, 15:19 »
You can wind the needles back in the opposite direction to get them realigned if you knock them  :cool:

Offline b_boy02

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #6 on: 18 April 2012, 15:57 »
You can wind the needles back in the opposite direction to get them realigned if you knock them  :cool:

As in anticlockwise??....do they reach a point and go no further?

Offline trog_nfs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 975
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #7 on: 18 April 2012, 15:59 »
Theres a point of increased resisitance, push past this and it moves the stopping point. Works anticlockwise and clockwise

Offline b_boy02

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #8 on: 18 April 2012, 16:09 »
Ok great, thank you  :smiley:

Offline boneybradley

  • Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,482
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
« Reply #9 on: 18 April 2012, 19:53 »
Can I say 501t (the T is really important!) as they come with a plastic holder built into the bulb

The thread is correct....

  :lipsrsealed:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)



Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk