GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
501 or 509 LEDs??
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: 501 or 509 LEDs?? (Read 2164 times)
b_boy02
Not said much yet
Posts: 57
501 or 509 LEDs??
«
on:
17 April 2012, 21:26 »
Hello,
Just a quick question, I have ordered some 501 LEDs for my dials and MFA following the advice posted here:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=181457.0
Just want to check though as the 501 LED is a push in type right?? Are the standard bulbs not twist in meaning my new LEDs wont fit or can I remove the standard bulb from the twist in style holder and replace with the 501?
Thanks!
Logged
67buggers
I live here
Posts: 727
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #1 on:
17 April 2012, 21:31 »
http://www.carstyleplus.co.uk/LED-neon-lighting/LED-dashboard-lighting/led_dashboard_lighting.html
You need these dude don't think anything else will fit though I'm not an expert
Logged
I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote
b_boy02
Not said much yet
Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #2 on:
17 April 2012, 21:38 »
If that is the case someone should amend the guide to the correct type....
Logged
stow1985
I live here
Posts: 1,122
'when im cleaning winders'
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #3 on:
17 April 2012, 23:14 »
Yeah the guide is wrong, I found that out when I changed my dash lights
Good luck
Logged
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE
Window cleaning:
www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk
b_boy02
Not said much yet
Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #4 on:
18 April 2012, 15:12 »
Great!! Best order some others then!
Is it a pain to get the needles back to the correct position when you remove the dials to take the filter out the MFA display?
Logged
trog_nfs
I live here
Posts: 975
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #5 on:
18 April 2012, 15:19 »
You can wind the needles back in the opposite direction to get them realigned if you knock them
Logged
b_boy02
Not said much yet
Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #6 on:
18 April 2012, 15:57 »
Quote from: trog_nfs on 18 April 2012, 15:19
You can wind the needles back in the opposite direction to get them realigned if you knock them
As in anticlockwise??....do they reach a point and go no further?
Logged
trog_nfs
I live here
Posts: 975
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #7 on:
18 April 2012, 15:59 »
Theres a point of increased resisitance, push past this and it moves the stopping point. Works anticlockwise and clockwise
Logged
b_boy02
Not said much yet
Posts: 57
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #8 on:
18 April 2012, 16:09 »
Ok great, thank you
Logged
boneybradley
Forum Supporter
Serious forum addict
Posts: 9,482
Back in a Mk3...
Re: 501 or 509 LEDs??
«
Reply #9 on:
18 April 2012, 19:53 »
Can I say 501t (the T is really important!) as they come with a plastic holder built into the bulb
The thread is correct....
Logged
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)
Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
501 or 509 LEDs??