Author Topic: help needed..  (Read 2663 times)

Offline bozzy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 43
help needed..
« on: 17 April 2012, 19:04 »
now then am stuck on getting the brake servo off the brake pedle on the inside, tryed taking this white clip of but carnt get it of any ideas??????  any tip about 8v to a 16v coversion would be much apprecated cheers

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: help needed..
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2012, 22:07 »
Its virtually impossible to seperate them without breaking the white clip, what you need to do it remove the brake light switch from infront of the brake pedal then yank the brake pedal forward quite hard.

This will seperate them and 9/10 times break the white clip then you can buy a new one from vw for a few quid.

I had the same problem when I first did a convertion on a mk3  :smiley:


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline bozzy

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 43
Re: help needed..
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2012, 17:26 »
cheers buddy will give it ago then

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: help needed..
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2012, 17:53 »
Like said a big yank and it will come. The clips are not really supposed to come out hence why they break. Refitting a new one is a barrel of laughs too. I recently got one from the dealers and was about 4 quid and the part number is 1H2 721 169.


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline madmanmart

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 938
Re: help needed..
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2012, 18:14 »
Like said a big yank and it will come. The clips are not really supposed to come out hence why they break. Refitting a new one is a barrel of laughs too. I recently got one from the dealers and was about 4 quid and the part number is 1H2 721 169.

The clip is differant on early and late cars though so watch out.


Mk3 Golf 3dr GTI 16v
Mk3 Golf Cabriolet TD
20vt Corrado track car project

Offline Gti_Jamo

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,109
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: help needed..
« Reply #5 on: 19 April 2012, 19:09 »
Cool well mines a late 97' model for his reference. Has the part number on the clip anyway!


97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0