Author Topic: LEDs  (Read 2515 times)

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
LEDs
« on: 15 April 2012, 22:17 »
Just finished changing all my LEDs......I now have red LEDs in all my switches a blue in all my dials :smiley: :smiley: looks ace, headlight switch was a b!tch to do though!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline Luke1981

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 530
Re: LEDs
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2012, 22:33 »
Get some photos up bud  :smiley:
MK IV GT TDI 150 PD / MKII CADDY SDI

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: LEDs
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2012, 22:49 »
I'll get some tomorrow, need to nick my mrs phone cause mines crap!


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: LEDs
« Reply #3 on: 15 April 2012, 23:14 »
Have a couple of people have done this and I am no elec genius is it a hard job?





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: LEDs
« Reply #4 on: 15 April 2012, 23:39 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=181457.0

I'm no genius either, just followed this guide. The hardest bit is taking the switches apart. Well worth doing though


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: LEDs
« Reply #5 on: 16 April 2012, 14:14 »
its not that hard to do. You just need to know the + side and - side of the switch, but the long leg of the LED is +. Anyway how did you the headlight switch? I tried it and messed it up.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: LEDs
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2012, 16:58 »
I did my clocks ages ago but didn't fancy doing the switches might have a crack at them soon





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline dom

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,083
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: LEDs
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2012, 21:40 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=181457.0

I'm no genius either, just followed this guide. The hardest bit is taking the switches apart. Well worth doing though

I miss my old car :cry:

Offline 67buggers

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 727
Re: LEDs
« Reply #8 on: 16 April 2012, 22:01 »
The hedlight switch was a ball ache, there is a lever on one side which looks like it wont move any further, you just have to use push it more and it opens.....not the best description, I'll try and get some pics for you


I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote

Offline sharki786

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,705
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: LEDs
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2012, 09:22 »
i got the headlight switch apart but as it has a green tint i just couldnt get it to light up red properly
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****