GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
LEDs
« previous
next »
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Author
Topic: LEDs (Read 2514 times)
Bigbrysgti
Not said much yet
Posts: 24
Re: LEDs
«
Reply #10 on:
17 April 2012, 14:36 »
I really want to do this, wheres the best place to get Led's?
Seen then on Ebad but unsure if they are correct. i want to make the inside of my mk3 look like the inside of my mk5, lights wise if you know what i mean.
Logged
1998 Golf Gti 8v & 2008 Golf GTsport 170 (206bhp, 320lbft torque)
sharki786
I live here
Posts: 3,705
GOT BOOST??
Re: LEDs
«
Reply #11 on:
17 April 2012, 15:02 »
you need 12v leds. In the window switches you have limited space. I got my 12v leds from rs componants but they was the red leds. The heater controls have loads of space behind but you can get this plastic piece that fits behind the heater dial control. Think the website is noman.pl or norman.pl its about £20.
Logged
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****
67buggers
I live here
Posts: 727
Re: LEDs
«
Reply #12 on:
17 April 2012, 16:34 »
Mine wasn't tinted just a green led which was soldered in to the board bit likebthevheated rear screen switch. Got my LEDs off eBay, brought per wired as they have all the resistors attached already to convert them to 12v
Logged
I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote
Bigbrysgti
Not said much yet
Posts: 24
Re: LEDs
«
Reply #13 on:
17 April 2012, 19:35 »
Got any links to them?
Logged
1998 Golf Gti 8v & 2008 Golf GTsport 170 (206bhp, 320lbft torque)
67buggers
I live here
Posts: 727
Re: LEDs
«
Reply #14 on:
17 April 2012, 21:40 »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Pre-wired-3mm-Bright-Red-LEDs-Prewired-12V-LED-/280790960482?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item4160720962#ht_1054wt_922
This is who I brought from, 3mm is best but you can use 5mm. When they come you will need to remove the wire a just use the led and resistor, this way saves you soldering the resistors on. If your doing the heaters you need the wires on.
Logged
I fix iPhone's and iPod's, I can fix most faults call me on 07811344816 for a quote
Print
Pages:
1
[
2
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk3
(Moderator:
hardmonkeys
) »
LEDs