Author Topic: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #10 on: 14 April 2012, 09:39 »
R32 brakes are 312mm aren't they? Should just be enough room with 16" wheels

I think R32 is bigger, 323mm from memory.

Correct :wink:

In that case you would need 17"s

Offline twotwofour

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 225
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #11 on: 14 April 2012, 19:49 »
I've got some new in the boxes waiting for me to decide whether they are going on my wide track mk2 or mk3.

I can't decide
---------------------------------------
Mk2 small bumper 16v 3dr golf gti
Mk3 5dr 8v golf gti x2
Need a mk1 gti, mk1 caddy, mk3 vr6

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #12 on: 14 April 2012, 19:54 »
i have been thinking about r32 brakes but was worried about having to use 17s as just think 17s on a mk 3 is just to big





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #13 on: 14 April 2012, 20:51 »
i have been thinking about r32 brakes but was worried about having to use 17s as just think 17s on a mk 3 is just to big

They are fine, I ran 17"s on mine for 5mths all ok.

Offline gti gaz

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 592
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2012, 21:14 »
no worries might give it a go then. just dont want to roll my arches if i can help it





 Any one in cornwall lets sort more meets!!!!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Bora/Beetle black steelies on MK3...
« Reply #15 on: 14 April 2012, 21:33 »
no worries might give it a go then. just dont want to roll my arches if i can help it

I only had to trim a little off the rear, I ran 7x17 with a 35 offset and 205/40's