I have a mk3 gti 8v, it still isn't on the road yet so is just sat on the drive, I start it and move it once a week to stop anything seizing on it, I started it the other day and left it idling, after about 2 minutes it stalled, I wobbled the reservoir bottle, it showed it had water in it and the temperture needle was reading cold so I started it again and after a couple of seconds the warning temp light started flashing and it stalled again, I tried to start it again but this time it wouldn't turn over.
I took the cap off the reservoir bottle and the water that was in it disappeared down the pipe, I put 3 litres of water in it and it still didn't show in the bottle, there is no water leaking on the floor under the car and it isn't a head gasket, I've looked at all the pipes I can get to under the bonnet and none look perished or split and all are fitted properly, anyone have any idea where it could be going?
I had to wait for it to cool down before it would start again and it runs fine, just worried what the problem could be. Thanks in advance.