Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71492 times)

Offline Ashy

• Not said much yet
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #820 on: 28 December 2012, 20:54 »
Heres my baby.

Marin Rock Springs

Full SLX with Fox 36 RC2's & Hope 4 pots, Superstar wheels.

Does everything I ask of it, specced & built myself

Some great bikes on here along with the cars

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #821 on: 31 December 2012, 12:10 »
Cheers mate, have always wanted an intense since the days of the m1. That marine looks a bit trick! Haven't seen one of those before.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #822 on: 07 January 2013, 13:19 »
Heres my baby.

Marin Rock Springs

Full SLX with Fox 36 RC2's & Hope 4 pots, Superstar wheels.

Does everything I ask of it, specced & built myself

Some great bikes on here along with the cars

Don't want to scare you but it was this idiot who built your wheels, my best mate ben haha

Anyhow, reason for posting. Went to cannock this weekend and it was a blast but realisticly the trails are completely f**ked. They need shutting down for a couple of weeks for maintainence. So as a request to all of you... DON'T SKID INTO BERMS. Quick tap of the front brake should be all you need at most, you should be able to hit a berm pretty much full pelt with a good bit of lean. Skidding into it makes the run up rutted as hell, the berm loose and the ability to carry any speed is lost.

Anyhow on a lighter note, finally bought a hydropack by Berghaus... lovely stuff. Also discovered that moving your seat as fast back as you can gives you correct riding posture and makes everything 20x easier... go on, try it.

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #823 on: 07 January 2013, 19:08 »
try les gets for f**ked trails, you need a dh bike just for the braking bumps! it is annoying when the trails get ruined by people skidding

rob, where did you get your 142mm g1 dropouts from?

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #824 on: 07 January 2013, 20:08 »
try les gets for f**ked trails, you need a dh bike just for the braking bumps! it is annoying when the trails get ruined by people skidding

Sorry dude, me no understand 'try les gets for f**ked trails'

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #825 on: 07 January 2013, 20:29 »

sounds like 'le jey'  :grin:

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #826 on: 09 January 2013, 11:56 »

I just got my local bike shop to order them from Extra UK, the distributor. Check their website for a dealer local to you. I couldnt find an online listing to buy them from. And they are £80 rrp for the pair with little scope for discount so I was told.

+1 on Morzine braking bumps, they are minging! I'm not sure i'll rush back for them.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #827 on: 12 January 2013, 11:11 »
cheers, found out the bike shop 5 mins from my house can get the bits in. result!  :smiley:

have gone single ring at the front now using lg1 and mrp bling ring, somehow the bike is now 31.4lb  :shocked:

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #828 on: 13 January 2013, 21:55 »
WOW, thats not bad. I'm plotting a new set of wheels to strip some load off mine. Taking a bit of deciding on the build though.

Did anyone get riding in the snow this weekend? Had a bit round our way so we went for a slide today.

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #829 on: 14 January 2013, 00:01 »
New rear shock purchased, new jacket purchased, new rear light purchased... lots of night rides ahoy!  :smiley: