Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71410 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #770 on: 23 September 2012, 16:53 »
think the main advantage of 29ers seems to be going over obstacles like roots etc, makes climbing over them easier for example

you get a smidge more traction and grip too

disadvantages are, like you say heavier wheels that flex a bit more than a 26". Plus components (tyres and forks) are still a bit limited.

27.5 seems to be getting popular too! I'm waiting a few years to see what happens, but I reckon 29 will be for xc, 27.5 for all mountain and 26 for downhill

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #771 on: 23 September 2012, 19:21 »
Snapped my pink chain Friday so fitted a new one yesterday also fitted some new grips which will hopefully cure the 'claw'. And gave it a wash for the 1st time in a month, oh the joys of dry trails...back to mud this week :sad:

No more pinkness

Next up I plan to convert my Lyriks to a coil spring and give them a service then possible rear shock upgrade :lipsrsealed:

Been a sh!t day here so Ive been watching Redbull Rampage 2010, Strength in Numbers and Where the trail Ends :cool: :cool:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #772 on: 27 September 2012, 16:45 »
I was asked by a friend to do some riding for a low budget video edit a few weeks ago. It was commissioned by the 7 stanes group to promote the Glentress trail centre. Apparently they provided details of what they were looking for in the video to my friend who filmed it.

Anyway, the result is linked below. I apologise in advance for all the bad mid air tweaks (certainly NOT tail whips!)

http://youtu.be/IeSCFDPS94w

Unsurprisingly the weather changed massively during the first days filming, turning out rather nice for the decending sections after lunch! Took a day and a half to get the footage. Its certainly not the next 'life cycles' esque film, and isnt mind blowng, but for the time invested, and the fun had on the day, I reckon it comes across ok. Happy to hear comments good and bad.

Offline Gmanx1

• Not said much yet
  • Anniversary 1356
« Reply #773 on: 27 September 2012, 20:10 »
I'm selling a mint specialized stump jumper 2009 model in white. Only done 20 miles in total. The bike is like new.
Drop me a pm if anyone's intereted.
Black magic TDI ANNIVERSARY

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #774 on: 28 September 2012, 09:20 »
Nice vid  :cool:

Looks like a bmx track in places!

Offline admc6

• I live here
« Reply #775 on: 28 September 2012, 10:17 »

They have a jump section in the middle of trails. 
The blue run there is fast and good fun with some little jumps.
The red gas some big climbs but well worth it.

If you get the chance, get yourself there. You can camp on site and literally role down the hill to the start of trails.

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #776 on: 28 September 2012, 15:21 »

Very! Plenty of wide smooth trails there, which can be fun none the less, and very all weather friendly. But the black route, and more so the Innerliethen trails (down the road a couple of miles) will take care of the desire for gnarl!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #777 on: 28 September 2012, 16:28 »
yeah you have much better dh than we do down south!

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #778 on: 29 September 2012, 12:18 »
yeah you have much better dh than we do down south!

And more rain!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #779 on: 16 October 2012, 21:21 »
I'm thinking to rebuild the M4 caliper I got recently.  Anyone got a set of hope cap spline tools I could borrow pls? 

Build thread clicky