Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71449 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #570 on: 15 May 2012, 22:55 »
Nice one Steve looks very nice :afro:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #571 on: 15 May 2012, 23:05 »
I really like the replacement Nukeproof, same work stand as i've got as well.

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #572 on: 15 May 2012, 23:44 »
nice buy there mate ,am now on the lookout for a new bike and just happened to mention to bosses at work bout the cycle to work scheme lol.see what i can pull off with that hmmmmm

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #573 on: 15 May 2012, 23:48 »
Mines really old with a kids seat on the back and a HID light - old skool baby  :wink:

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #574 on: 16 May 2012, 17:53 »
nice one steve  :afro: this weekend looks good for testing it out

the front brake on mine is f**ked already! the lever returns really slowly and it has barely any power, so am getting it serviced then selling them and getting the new xt's, which sound amazing. So yeah avoid avid brakes! the bike shop were saying they have loads in with faults, usually the seals in the lever. It's a shame, I really liked the avid matchmaker clamps, but don't want a set of unreliable brakes over in france!

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #575 on: 16 May 2012, 20:45 »
Hopefully Sunday is good, get it set up and running how I like :cool: On a bike course tomorrow to learn a few new tricks :cool:

Heard a lot of bad things about Avids :lipsrsealed: I had XT's on my old one, cracking breaks with a nice bight and feel to the lever :cool: My new ones will be formula RX's hopefully be as good as the XT's.
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #576 on: 17 May 2012, 18:27 »
mates got formula's on his, they feel really nice!

what's the deal with the course then? do you do the trails with an instructor?

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #577 on: 17 May 2012, 18:34 »
Is there a name for these road bikes I keep seeing everywhere that only have the one gear?  You use the pedals to brake instead, really basic looking?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #578 on: 17 May 2012, 18:47 »
mates got formula's on his, they feel really nice!

what's the deal with the course then? do you do the trails with an instructor?

A instructor teaches you the basics, body position, efficient breaking, corning, manuals, bunny hops, pumping etc and then how to link it all into the trails.
Was a good day, learnt a lot got to keep working on it. Found out where I was going wrong. Was just a shame I had to loan a bike from the bike shop. Ive never rode it before didn't really like the setup of it and can't wait to get the new one now and ride sunday :cool:

I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #579 on: 17 May 2012, 21:36 »
Is there a name for these road bikes I keep seeing everywhere that only have the one gear?  You use the pedals to brake instead, really basic looking?

I've always been a fan of single speeders due to my BMX and dirt jump background but the past few years they've have become incredibly trendy and seem to be the ultimate accessory for every east London hipster and tw@t.
As basic as they are, decent 'fashionably' branded ones ain't cheap. Expect to pay at least a grand for a spangly looking one.