Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71423 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #550 on: 08 May 2012, 22:02 »
Meant to post for aaaages steve but keep getting distracted. I lock all my bikes together, then use my long lock to go through again and attach them to a big metal shelving unit I have but still dont trust the gypos in luff. How much was she worth?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #551 on: 08 May 2012, 22:05 »
Damn really feel for you bud  :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

As you say you must have been followed its sad that you cant have anything nice these days  :cry: :cry: :cry:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #552 on: 08 May 2012, 22:12 »
how did they get through the chains/locks? grinders?

I have a land anchor ready to go in my garage with a beefy chain but sounds like more is needed! Garage door already has some double throw bolts in each corner.

are you gonna save for a whole bike or get it in bits? i have a set of juicy 3's you can have if you want to build something up, might have some other bits going spare also.  

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #553 on: 08 May 2012, 22:15 »
On a lighter note, I cycled to work for the first time today.  Only 2.2 miles but it's enough to knacker me out!  Then home again later on obviously.  Do it every day 5 times a week and I should be fitter in no time  :smiley:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #554 on: 08 May 2012, 22:24 »
Garage door was locked, bike was chained to another bike and another chain to a bbq which they cut using bolt cutters and the from wheel and rear wheel had D-locks in. D-locks are nowhere to be seen so they must have carried the bike away.

Sam if I was to build a exact copy of the bike I wouldn't have much change out of £3.5k :sick: cost me £2300.

how did they get through the chains/locks? grinders?

I have a land anchor ready to go in my garage with a beefy chain but sounds like more is needed! Garage door already has some double throw bolts in each corner.

are you gonna save for a whole bike or get it in bits? i have a set of juicy 3's you can have if you want to build something up, might have some other bits going spare also.  

When I get a bike it WILL be keep inside. bike insurance isn't worth the paper its printed on (far to many variables involved) and house insurance is hit and miss (most companies pay out a max off 1k)

Thanks for the offer :afro: Am going to save for a little while and buy something, not sure what yet Ill see whats around once Ive got some cash.

So anyone want to buy a mk4? got a few bits for sale :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #555 on: 08 May 2012, 22:25 »
On a lighter note, I cycled to work for the first time today.  Only 2.2 miles but it's enough to knacker me out!  Then home again later on obviously.  Do it every day 5 times a week and I should be fitter in no time  :smiley:

2.2 miles....on the road...... :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #556 on: 08 May 2012, 22:49 »
man thats a b!tch really gutted for you mate  :angry:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #557 on: 09 May 2012, 01:29 »

2.2 miles....on the road...... :lipsrsealed:

I was gonna say somthing too but I like this vibe of this thread and didnt want to tarnish it  :lipsrsealed:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #558 on: 09 May 2012, 06:53 »
Sorry, I don't see the joke. It's not like I can make my office further from where I live, of put it on top of a mountain, that's just where it is. It still knackered me out, I'm very unfit.

About 4.5 miles a day, makes 22.5 miles a week. That's 22.5 miles further than I was doing before, also leaves me £60 a month better off than commuting via tram.

Wish I had a road bike, kept getting overtaken by people on proper bikes  :sad:
« Last Edit: 09 May 2012, 07:11 by bobbarley »

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #559 on: 09 May 2012, 07:13 »
Sorry, I don't see the joke. It's not like I can make my office further from where I live, of put it on top of a mountain, that's just where it is. It still knackered me out, I'm very unfit.

About 4.5 miles a day, makes 22.5 miles a week. That's 22.5 miles further than I was doing before, also leaves me £60 a month better off than commuting via tram.

Wish I had a road bike, kept getting overtaken by people on proper bikes  :sad:

Find MTB more comfortable on the road, I use semi slick tires and got a better seat, it keeps me happy. Found the tires increase speed a tad by 1~2mph. But I cycle 15miles to my parents and back (30m in total), that kills me once every weekend.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/