Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71526 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #540 on: 07 May 2012, 21:36 »
Oh I forgot you had the Nukeproof mega now, i was thinking you had the kona stinky.

In that case i'm guestimating well over £3000 of goodies here then. :shocked:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #541 on: 07 May 2012, 21:53 »
Good job I never booked the alpine holiday I posted a few pages back :lipsrsealed:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #542 on: 07 May 2012, 21:55 »
i would be f**king fuming i had my scott stolen several years ago that cost £1200 just for the bike without the plans i had for it....1 week old.... i lost all interest in the biking scene then and just bought a £600 saracen jump bike which until yesterday as been gathering dust for 4-5 years  :grin: its really bad have a nice bike stolen it does put you off i knew who took my bike but just couldnt prove it as he got rid of it pretty quick i see the chap now and again and he knows that i know one day karma will come round  :angry:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #543 on: 08 May 2012, 19:17 »
Insurance isn't worth claiming on :sad:

Cops have said that I more than likely got followed home from a ride by a gang of bike theft who knew what they where looking for :sad: and that it will more than likely be stripped already waiting to be sold :angry:

£160 worth of bike locks is useless keep your bike in your bedroom locked to your beds :lipsrsealed:

I won't be back on a bike for quite some time while I save for another :cry:
« Last Edit: 08 May 2012, 19:19 by Steve_PD »
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #544 on: 08 May 2012, 20:21 »
Man that's gutting Steve  :sad:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #545 on: 08 May 2012, 20:32 »
That fu*king sucks! I'd be so gutted if it happened to me, think me bike has cost twice as much as my car!

josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #546 on: 08 May 2012, 20:41 »
dude, gutted, post around on forums, never know someone may try selling it on there.

also try get a cheep ish bike to have some fun on untill you can save up for something better.

southerdownhill forum has a good classifieds.

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #547 on: 08 May 2012, 20:58 »

Gutted  :cry:

If you don't have the bike as a named item on the policy (I have both of mine) then you could try and file lots of small claims specifically the forms, rims or several electronic items to the value of the bike.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #548 on: 08 May 2012, 21:54 »
To be honest I'm surprised there isn't more bike crime than there is already.  They're extremely easy to steal, really easy to sell on full or for parts, and I've never known a single thief be caught yet!  Realistically how many people think to get the serial number of anything they own written down for insurance purposes?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #549 on: 08 May 2012, 21:58 »

Gutted  :cry:

If you don't have the bike as a named item on the policy (I have both of mine) then you could try and file lots of small claims specifically the forms, rims or several electronic items to the value of the bike.

Going to wait to see what the forms say might be worth adding on all my gps and lights.

Its not my insurance and they wouldn't add the bike to it as "it won't get stolen" :angry:

Wish I thought about it more before I phoned the police as I would have added my snap-on tool box and £8k worth or tools to it to :lipsrsealed: