Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71539 times)

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #440 on: 17 March 2012, 02:21 »
Was looking at vids for Healey Nab and on the YouTube related links found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zLuqKNKOqs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Some insane DH right there and well shot

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #441 on: 17 March 2012, 09:36 »
great vid! its like they built the ramps etc just for it

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #442 on: 17 March 2012, 09:45 »
I am really seeing my fitness come on leaps and bounds, when I started I did 14 miles of mainly road with little off road sections and nearly passed out I was so frigged. Yesterday I did 20 miles of fairly hilly pure xc with a pace of 9.2mph feat about 1 mile of road, got in, got showered and carried on with the rest of my day as if nothing had happend. Im at the point now that I wanted to be at which is been able to ride daily if I want to with little detrimental effect on my body, as I don't need to re-build muscle for 48 hrs after each ride aka im not stiff.

Anyhow this afternoon I'm going out with a few mates to break my downhill virginity, I have a feeling that this wont be the only thing to get broken... :laugh:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #443 on: 17 March 2012, 10:20 »
Anyhow this afternoon I'm going out with a few mates to break my downhill virginity, I have a feeling that this wont be the only thing to get broken... :laugh:
fingers crossed not as that fitness will just disappear :laugh:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #444 on: 17 March 2012, 13:35 »
heads up, the world cup starts this weekend and can be watched live on red bull tv, the dh is tomorrow!

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #445 on: 17 March 2012, 14:54 »
would love a go at dh but will have to travel for it norfolks a bit flat lol,gonna treat myself in the summer to a specialized demo or giant glory hopefully,may have to part with some of the hardtails though lol
any of you ever seen that josh bender on a mtb ,feckin lunatic lol

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #446 on: 17 March 2012, 22:06 »
Brilliant afternoon, didn't kill myself either which is always a bonus. Was holding my own by the end of the day. Its pretty much as simple as I thought... hold on,lean back and precompress them jumps  :smiley:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #447 on: 18 March 2012, 13:18 »

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #448 on: 20 March 2012, 21:10 »
Just done a nice 13 mile night ride with the local club :cool: Great fun getting some speed in the woods not having a clue where your going and having about 10m's of visibility  :grin:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #449 on: 20 March 2012, 21:17 »
lol awesome

i had a ride yesterday evening as it was getting dark, the trails get hard as the light goes down and the deer seem to come out to play which was a bit freaky  :laugh: