Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71525 times)

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #200 on: 24 January 2012, 07:19 »
Pack riders don't seem to like 2nd gear overtaking  :evil:
And DHers still get pissy when you are going inthe same direction and a number of peeps on proper trails don't even shout up to stay where you are...mate got knocked off by 3 muppets and broke a rib and not even a sorry. And that was at Llandegla where the red meets blue before the trail ends and where you get some of the little ones :undecided:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #201 on: 24 January 2012, 18:44 »
thanks guys, reading this thread motivated me to get another bike, picked up a secondhand rockhopper [ didnt know anything about mtb until i looked at piccys on this thread ] for 165 off ebay which is pretty much mint condition. ive had a short ride today to check the adjustments for my size and it feels awesome, so light and easy to pedal, i wasnt a serious off roader but used to like a trip out 2 or 3 times a week to get fit, mainly a mix of road and canal towpaths. have spent more on accessorizing than the bike  :rolleyes: 

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #202 on: 24 January 2012, 19:52 »
Pack riders don't seem to like 2nd gear overtaking  :evil:
And DHers still get pissy when you are going inthe same direction and a number of peeps on proper trails don't even shout up to stay where you are...mate got knocked off by 3 muppets and broke a rib and not even a sorry. And that was at Llandegla where the red meets blue before the trail ends and where you get some of the little ones :undecided:

sound like a bunch of dickheads, but don't tar all downhillers with the same brush!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #203 on: 24 January 2012, 20:56 »
thanks guys, reading this thread motivated me to get another bike, picked up a secondhand rockhopper [ didnt know anything about mtb until i looked at piccys on this thread ] for 165 off ebay which is pretty much mint condition. ive had a short ride today to check the adjustments for my size and it feels awesome, so light and easy to pedal, i wasnt a serious off roader but used to like a trip out 2 or 3 times a week to get fit, mainly a mix of road and canal towpaths. have spent more on accessorizing than the bike  :rolleyes: 

pics or a link??  :cool:

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #204 on: 24 January 2012, 21:18 »
yep

apparently it has manitou forks and a fox vanilla rear shock and deore 9 speed gear set, what ever the hell that all means. all i know is feels easy, altho understanding the thumb ands finger gear change is hard, can anyone help?

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #205 on: 25 January 2012, 07:20 »
I am sure someone will be along to correct me but I dont think thats a rockhopper.. Looks you have a lot of bike there for the money. Being comfortable on it is the most important thing.  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #206 on: 25 January 2012, 07:37 »
That's not a Rockhopper, its an old shape FSR. You can even see the stickers on the rear swinging arm. These actually cost more than Rockhoppers when new iirc. :smiley:

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #207 on: 25 January 2012, 14:51 »
looks decent for the money, id happily pay that :cool: ive done about 15 miles forest riding today on a crappy xc raleigh and im desperate for a new bike!

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #208 on: 25 January 2012, 15:24 »
Another 23 miles of xc and road today. Got my first puncture too  :rolleyes: . Anyhow, got nice and muddy and did some quick single trail (which you could actually  use as a 2 track)

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #209 on: 25 January 2012, 16:48 »
Proper pissed off today!
Got a chain tool off eBay, tried to use it and the pin bent straight away :(
Looks like the weekend ride is out :(
Can't wait to get out on it when it's single speed!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!