Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71441 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #190 on: 22 January 2012, 19:41 »
will look into them! thx  :smiley:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #191 on: 22 January 2012, 19:55 »
Nice, I struggle a little cos I have not got the correct length seatpost so cant get a full stroke in. My legs just lock up, they are plenty strong enough for the climbs as I can do them on my singlespeed racer. Ah well. Best get ordering some components!  :smiley:

When I first started riding I struggled on the up hill sections but now find them alright. Still got a long way to go though. 8 years of no exercise at all hasn't helped...

I wouldn't want to attempt the hills I done on a single speed :lipsrsealed:

Heres the info from the Strava app

Distance 28.91 miles
Ride Time 3:19:26
Elapsed time 3:37:33
Avg Speed 8.69mph
Max Speed 35.64mph

3 big climbs was
1.8 miles 675 ft climb
1.5 miles 640ft climb
2.3 miles 720ft climb
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #192 on: 22 January 2012, 20:51 »
Im a massive fan of clamp on ODI Ruffians, great feel, super secure and uber grippy.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #193 on: 22 January 2012, 23:51 »
which bike forums do people frequent? pref uk ones

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #194 on: 22 January 2012, 23:53 »
which bike forums do people frequent? pref uk ones

None, I was a member of retrorides but just got loads of sh!t for building a single speed out of a f**ked raleigh that would have died otherwise. All the mb forums seem to be full of rich kids wanting the best parts and knowing everything about anything. I trust one person with any bike info I need and he has never steared me wrong.
« Last Edit: 23 January 2012, 20:52 by Sam »

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #195 on: 23 January 2012, 07:26 »
That's the impression I've had when looking around for them lol

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #196 on: 23 January 2012, 08:25 »
Definitely a willy waving contest on most. And if you have anything considered poverty spec then they generally ignore you or point N laugh

In terms of reviews of where to ride I find you go to local places and other riders will talk to you...giving hints about new routes etc. plus they ride often so the bikes ain't all DH monsters...I find most DH riders the ones up their own arses and intimidating. It's that get out of the way attitude

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #197 on: 23 January 2012, 19:37 »
Agree, riders you meet on the trails are always friendly. DHers only get pissy when xc boys ride up their courses when they are  coming down!

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #198 on: 23 January 2012, 20:54 »
Agree, riders you meet on the trails are always friendly. DHers only get pissy when xc boys ride up their courses when they are  coming down!

The only people who seem to take issue with me are walkers now and then but riding around luff, been a sports uni and all, i think most are fairly used to it. When our road riding club goes out in the summer there can be in excess of 50 bikes in a pack  :undecided:

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #199 on: 24 January 2012, 00:00 »

The only people who seem to take issue with me are walkers now and then but riding around luff, been a sports uni and all, i think most are fairly used to it. When our road riding club goes out in the summer there can be in excess of 50 bikes in a pack  :undecided:

pack cycling needs to be banned, people get stupid just because their in a group