Author Topic: Official MTB thread  (Read 71448 times)

Offline murraymint

• I live here
Re: Official MTB thread
« Reply #60 on: 12 January 2012, 21:20 »
That does look parity sick  :cool:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #61 on: 12 January 2012, 21:22 »
Looks good, is it Fox shocks front and rear?

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #62 on: 12 January 2012, 21:28 »
Anyone reckon I could build myself anything half decent for about £250?

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #63 on: 12 January 2012, 21:30 »
Awesome, frame looks similar to a Santa Cruz Nomad :cool:

Ive been eyeing up the Nukeproof Mega :cool:

Anyone reckon I could build myself anything half decent for about £250?

Using lots of cheap second hand parts possibly. Id just save some more and wait for a bargain bike to pop up somewhere
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #64 on: 12 January 2012, 21:32 »
Looks good, is it Fox shocks front and rear?

its a fox float r shock with rockshox lyrik forks, the spec is a bit different to the pic! I'd like to put a rp23 on the back for the pro pedal but that can wait a few months, i'm skint now! Managed to find a vendor in Hungary through a mate and basically i'm getting a grand off rrp  :cool: can't wait for it to arrive  :laugh:

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #65 on: 12 January 2012, 21:33 »
S'pose the only problem is not knowing which bikes are a great deal, and which aren't  :grin:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #66 on: 12 January 2012, 21:37 »
looking on forums and ebay you soon find out what they normally sell for
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline ortega277

• Not said much yet
« Reply #67 on: 12 January 2012, 21:37 »
I got my self a carerra fury a few years ago and was shocked at the whole set up had top notch gear all over the bike plus the frame doesn't weigh much and is strong as an ox. Just got back out on it and am loving it to bits.
I know people don't really rate carerra but out of all the bikes that were in my price range at the time I found this one fitted me the best.

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #68 on: 12 January 2012, 23:47 »
Hy guys, I've got a kona scab, can't remember the forks make but good travel, what rear cassette would you put on, tempted to single speed it tbh as I usually prefer them that way?
Btw, it is a scab, not a stab, I got it off an old e gland velodrome coach who had it as a prototype I beleive?
Will get some pics up tomoz!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 13 January 2012, 00:06 »
I got my self a carerra fury a few years ago and was shocked at the whole set up had top notch gear all over the bike plus the frame doesn't weigh much and is strong as an ox. Just got back out on it and am loving it to bits.
I know people don't really rate carerra but out of all the bikes that were in my price range at the time I found this one fitted me the best.

Carreras do normaly have some good kit on them I think there down fall is that there sold in halfords
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi