Poll

Is life far simpler when you're single?

Yes
50 (68.5%)
No
23 (31.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Is life far simpler when you're single?  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: Is life far simpler when you're single?
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2011, 19:24 »
Prefer having someone, food cooked and on the table as soon as you walk through the door, no chasing after girls, no need to keep yourself in order and can let yourself go a bit (gained 3 stone since our wedding :grin: ) and sex on tap (until the kids come along)  :laugh:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2011, 19:32 »
Im scared to respond to this in fear of her seeing...  :lipsrsealed:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2011, 19:39 »
Definately has its pros and cons which for me cancel each other out it some respect. I'm single just now and have been for a while. I do enjoy time to myself but also would enjoy the company of the right person. I don't play the field so to speak, nor do i go out drinking so for me its hard to find someone who fits the mould. Had a lot of grief in the past mainly due to not being with the right person and to be honest I am happy to be single until I find that right girl. Being stressed out due to bad relationships is not good for your mental or physical health. There is a few out there which i could be probably hook up with but, in my opinion, are all wired to the moon and would no doubt drive me doolally and i'm not the type to use people for just an intimate encounter. I'm 30 now and been there done that and not interested.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2011, 19:45 »
I'm too old to be single  :laugh:

That said, I have only been married a year and I think both me & Mrs B would be lost without the other. We have been together nearly 10 years and work very well as a team. We know what the other is thinking (usually rude or childish humour) yet go off and do our own things so we're not in each other's pockets.

I wouldn't want to be single now.

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2011, 19:46 »
Im scared to respond to this in fear of her seeing...  :lipsrsealed:

same here  :grin:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline 1toomanyuk

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2011, 20:26 »
it was simple but better since met mrs shes a proper gti  :smiley:

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2011, 20:30 »
Life is more simpler when your single.

But my fiancee has kept me on the straight and narrow since I met her all those years ago! Also she keeps me (realtively) organised as I'm exceptionally laid back (too laid back infact) so she reminds me to do things like pay the bills etc.

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
« Reply #17 on: 27 October 2011, 20:37 »
Sorry to hear mate. Had you been with her long?

Me and my gf are starting to have a few more issues not sure how much longer we will last  :undecided: :embarassed:

Just gunna keep going until the inevitable happens  :sad:

Only got with her this year, but she meant more to me than I first realised.

Talk to your girl, sort things out before its too late J. Don't make the mistake I did.
« Last Edit: 27 October 2011, 20:42 by Ant1981 »
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 27 October 2011, 20:41 »
both have there ups and downs.

personally its a hard choise, some people prefer being in a relationship, some dont. ide prefer to be in a relationship just because of the kinda person i am, i like having someone to talk to about anything and someone i can spend the money and make happy.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #19 on: 27 October 2011, 20:51 »
sex on tap (until the kids come along)  :laugh:

So true  :cry:

yet go off and do our own things so we're not in each other's pockets.

You've hit the nail on the head there mate, I think that is the main reason we've been together for 15 years now (jeez is it really that long?!)

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175