Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100466 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Remember a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There might be no one willing to pay anything more than 1.5k but then again you may get two people who will fight for it.

Good luck when you do come to sell it, i'm sure you will get what you want :afro:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Remember a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There might be no one willing to pay anything more than 1.5k but then again you may get two people who will fight for it.

Good luck when you do come to sell it, i'm sure you will get what you want :afro:

Cheers mate....will see how it goes. Still unsure wether or not to sell it. Might sell my Cupra instead and just keep it but even prices on them are quite low just now.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
How about we worry about seeing the finished article rather than selling it  :wink:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
How about we worry about seeing the finished article rather than selling it  :wink:

No need for you to worry about it as i'm constantly worrying about the finished article wether or not it will measure up. I doubt I would have taken such a project on knowing how much time and money it would take me as i'm practically brassick now although at least have 99% of my parts and accesories. Just want it finished now but still a fair way off and refuse to rush it as that where corners get cut.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Re: Gti_Jamo Mk3 Golf Gti Winter Rebuild Project...ENGINE FINISHED...
« Reply #124 on: 02 February 2012, 20:18 »
Pretty much got my engine and gearbox ready to go back in the bay. All bolted to the subframe the same way it came out 8 weeks ago. Just got to mount the power steering pipes.

Had the sump and the rocker cover and was surprised how clean it was inside, a nice golden brown and no gunge. Even all the breathers well totally clear. Sign of a well looked after engine.

Quite pleased with it, looks almost original how it came out the factory. Just got to fit the brake pipes in the engine bay then this lump will be getting hoisted back in.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #125 on: 03 February 2012, 21:11 »
That engine looks spot on man!  :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #126 on: 04 February 2012, 00:32 »
Shes a real beaute mate, Hats off to you! Look really shnazy in the bay and looking forward to pics.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #127 on: 04 February 2012, 01:27 »
Wow, that looks fresh man! Good work :afro:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #128 on: 04 February 2012, 07:48 »
How long till its in the bay, running do you reckon?

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #129 on: 04 February 2012, 12:49 »
How long till its in the bay, running do you reckon?

Just got both brake lines to feed the front to make then it will be going in, not sure when it will be tunning but no rush. More concerned getting the front back on the ground so can start on the rear.