Author Topic: Gti_Jamo's White Mk3 Golf Gti....HOME WITH NEW PICS!  (Read 100501 times)

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Yeah cheers mate. It doesn't feel like its making good progress but when i sit and look back through this thread its only a couple of month ago i was chopping out rust. Getting the front end all back together will be huge step closer to finish, then just a matter of doing the same to the rear then paint the body. Probably spent about 3 days or half days on it a week and in between jobs or the odd evening if I can be bothered.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Looking great mate....

loving the look of all those goodies  :cool:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
Cheers mate...yeah was reluctant to spend all that on it and have been holding it off for a while as i'm far from mint but needs must and have saved quite a bit on money eleswhere on the car so think it deserves it. Done alot of shopping about and got all those parts at a reasonable price. Total spend so far, just short of £1400  :sick:. Some folk must think i'm nuts  :laugh:!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline DanChave

• I live here
I think that's not a bad price considering what the condition of car will be once its finished :) I take it that includes the purchase of the car yeah? How much do you reckon you will have to spend to get it finished?

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
this is what i call DEDICATION!

Love the alpine white but thats gonna be a beach to keep clean.

also what benefits do you achieve from heatwrapping things?
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
The idea is to lower under bonnet temperatures therefore allowing more colder dense air to enter the intake, thus creating more power. OR simply to protect surrounding electrical components and paintwork from excessive heat damage.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
I think that's not a bad price considering what the condition of car will be once its finished :) I take it that includes the purchase of the car yeah? How much do you reckon you will have to spend to get it finished?

Yeah that included purchase price and the cost of it getting it delivered the 25 miles. Everything I have bought for it is added to the price list, even all the materials used to clean up and paint parts. I reckon another £400 max will cover it thats including taxing and mot.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
this is what i call DEDICATION!

Love the alpine white but thats gonna be a beach to keep clean.

also what benefits do you achieve from heatwrapping things?

Cheers mate, never planned it this way it just knda happened  :grin:. I have removed the heatshield on the down pipe as it had some corrosion and also will be leaving off the tunnel heatshield so my plan is to heat wrap the downpipe and the front half of my stainless. Yeah it will be hard to keep clean but will give me something to do as i'll be bored without a project to work on.

Offline dragongreengolfgti

• I live here
  • my golf gti mk3
this is quality as i've said before expect alot of smoke when you first start it up  :grin:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
What it is the purpose of the factory metal heat shields?

Keep exhaust temps up? protect the floor pan?

:huh:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk