Author Topic: Edition 35 is here!  (Read 51265 times)

Offline Hartside

• I live here
Re: Edition 35 is here!
« Reply #40 on: 04 September 2011, 11:30 »
The problem is also down to exchange rates. A £20k golf a few years ago had an exchange rate of about 1.35 Euros to the pound. Today it's about 1.13 Euros to the pound.

£20k @ 1.35/£ = 27k Euro

27k Euro @ 1.13/£ = £23.9k

Then add in general increases and you can see where the price hikes come from. But it's still a bloody expensive car! 
Carbon Grey 5dr GTI

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 04 September 2011, 12:22 »
Off topic and past giving a damn, but me being thick makes me stuggle to fathom the intricacies(sp) of the financial markets and thus the value of the Pound Sterling; here we have it that most European countries are in financial meltdown and the EURO is about to sink without trace if you believe the news, the US $ is supposedly also in all sorts of trouble, the USA has lost its AAA credit rating and Obama is starting to get a bit concerned about the state of the US economy (understatement) and yet here in rip off Britain we're told that we're out of recession and things are improving. Now in laymans terms to me that reads that the Pound £ should be fairly strong against the other currencies - but whilst the Pound £ has strenghthened a little recently it's still doing pretty dire things especially against the Euro. WTF is going on?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #42 on: 04 September 2011, 12:51 »
Andy, as you rightly pointed in a locked thread, this country is well and truly fcuked in every which way.
It's sh!tty, depressing, dull in every respect and if I could move to the USA of China (new country), I would in a flash.
We are going down the tube in-elegantly and we better accept it. I wish we were part of the 4th Reich. That would do for starters.
I'm off to apply for German and Mandarin language classes. Once I am proficient, I'll learn a bit of American and go and live in the USA of China working for a German Company.
There. Sorted.
Care to join me?
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 04 September 2011, 12:59 »
Andy, as you rightly pointed in a locked thread, this country is well and truly fcuked in every which way.
It's sh!tty, depressing, dull in every respect and if I could move to the USA of China (new country), I would in a flash.
We are going down the tube in-elegantly and we better accept it. I wish we were part of the 4th Reich. That would do for starters.
I'm off to apply for German and Mandarin language classes. Once I am proficient, I'll learn a bit of American and go and live in the USA of China working for a German Company.
There. Sorted.
Care to join me?

You betcha*

*As you can see I've already started my American classes and will start on Mandarin as soon as I can get the things out of that bloody net bag
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #44 on: 04 September 2011, 13:01 »
GoodY, goodY, gum drops!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 04 September 2011, 13:01 »
You need to give that thing another yank
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #46 on: 04 September 2011, 13:06 »
I can't. I'll yank my other shoulder.
Oopsie daisy, it worked. Ta luv.

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 04 September 2011, 15:17 »
Shame its not available in that colour. VW did the same with the scirroco showing it in that colour.
They shoot themselfs in the foot everytime.
I would have loved a mk6 GTI in metallic red.
The wheels are growing on me.

...........same here.does look much better in that colour even those alloys look ok.
Candy White ED35.

Offline mac7

• I live here
« Reply #48 on: 04 September 2011, 17:58 »
But its only a Golf FFS :grin:

Exactly. Only a Golf and yet as a car to use on a daily basis it trounces so many other cars it's untrue. The Ed35 is more of the same.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2011, 17:38 by mac7 »
Golf R

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 04 September 2011, 19:02 »
At the end of the day, if I see an Ed35 on the road I'll think it looks great because it's a Gti. Iconic, practical and all round awesome.

I went to look at a megane 250 the other day. Got back in my Gti and felt a huge diff in class. All a matter of opinion.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.