Author Topic: Edition 35 is here!  (Read 51312 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: Edition 35 is here!
« Reply #30 on: 03 September 2011, 19:49 »
Shame its not available in that colour. VW did the same with the scirroco showing it in that colour.
They shoot themselfs in the foot everytime.
I would have loved a mk6 GTI in metallic red.
The wheels are growing on me.

Wheels are growing on me to.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #31 on: 03 September 2011, 21:26 »
I have a customer on the edge of ordering one but wants ordinary gti monza shadows! Will let you guys know if he wants a swap........
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 03 September 2011, 22:03 »
Really, Martin and Geoff. You both need your heads examined or more importantly your eyes.

Those wheels must surely be growing on you both like blind boils. They are FUGLY.

It never fails to amaze me how hard people try and convince themselves to like something even when it is such an obvious design-freak. They are a lardy copy of BBS CK alloys.

I dread to think what your taste in shoes is like.

Hopefully, I have managed to terminate your vacillations.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline scotsgolfer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 03 September 2011, 23:02 »
Too many cheapskates on here. Go and hire a crap car next weekend and drive it round some feisty & twisty A & B roads for the whole weekend.  You'll soon remember why you bought the golf.  Back to basics I say - go on...... be gone the lot of you, there's clear black Tarmac to be had.

Covered 110 miles in mine today over the spittle of glenshee.  Pushed her as hard as I dared on some seriously twisty roads and still never came close to annoying her yet.
5dr / Mk6 / GTI / DSG / Deep Black / ACC / Leather / RCD 510 / Bluetooth / Luxury / Cruise / F&R Sensors with Park Assist

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 03 September 2011, 23:57 »
Too many cheapskates on here. Go and hire a crap car next weekend and drive it round some feisty & twisty A & B roads for the whole weekend.  You'll soon remember why you bought the golf.  Back to basics I say - go on...... be gone the lot of you, there's clear black Tarmac to be had.

Covered 110 miles in mine today over the spittle of glenshee.  Pushed her as hard as I dared on some seriously twisty roads and still never came close to annoying her yet.

Here, here...
People need to remember the cost of things years ago...a Golf GTI cost £16500.
In 1990.

My Mk3 16v Anni was nearly £19,000...in 1996.

So where do these £20k GTIs come from?
A bygone era, that's where.

A Polo GTI is Golf 3 sized...and costs the same as my Golf GTI did in 1996 - so it's CHEAPER so to speak.
It handles better, is safer, is quicker and more economical.

If a £30k GTI causes people to break into a sweat...go see what else is available for similar money?
Not a lot...that's what.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 04 September 2011, 08:34 »
Those wheels must surely be growing on you both like blind boils. They are FUGLY.

Sounds like an opinion thing to me, what was it Jeremy Clarkson once said?..

“I mean look at Kiera Knightly – she’s just an ironing board with a face, and she works.”

BTW I hope JC quotes aren't verboten In the forum guidelines, seems like the sort of thing that could be in there.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 04 September 2011, 08:49 »
Fire away Mr_F. We need to upstage JC sometimes!
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 04 September 2011, 10:19 »
Strange, I paid £15k for my MK4 GTi in 02, and when I ordered the MK6 with ACC, metallic paint and some other ops I now can't remember, it was around £22K. Its been the succession of price hikes over the MK6's life cycle that have really hurt, and leaves the MK7 as pretty much a £30k certainty. Whether that represents good value for the performance is purely down to personal opinion & the depth of your pockets, but to me *not a prayer* ! The Ed35's performance is easily achieved in a standard MK6+ a little mild tuning, and you wouldn't be stuck with those hideous wheels! Yes, I think VW have actually produced a wheel I dislike even more than the monza shadows :wink:

Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 04 September 2011, 10:37 »

In 1990.

A Polo GTI is Golf 3 sized...and costs the same as my Golf GTI did in 1996 - so it's CHEAPER so to speak.

If a £30k GTI causes people to break into a sweat...go see what else is available for similar money?
Not a lot...that's what.

If I remember correctly you're an oil worker? £30k is probably a months wages for you. In my part of the world there aren't that many ANNUAL salaries that are over £30k. It's an awful lot of money for your average comsumer.
The MK5 GTI was £20k for a 3 door when it was launched 6 years ago and about £600 more for a 5 door. Outside of the oil industry wages haven't gone up that much in the last 6 years.

I will agree with your last bit wholeheartedly though, absolutely everything car related has gone up similarly over the last few years and it isn't good news for consumers.

The VW adverts make me laugh when they mention value - especially the one where they state 'this is not a misprint, you really can buy a Golf for £15xxx'. Yeah right, fantatstic value I'm sure and it probably doesn't even come with aircon!!
« Last Edit: 04 September 2011, 10:46 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #39 on: 04 September 2011, 10:48 »

Here, here...
In 1990.

Not a lot...that's what.

But its only a Golf FFS :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf