Author Topic: Enough  (Read 19874 times)

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Enough
« Reply #20 on: 03 July 2011, 19:59 »
BMWs are not as reliable as they once were now either sadly.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 July 2011, 20:05 »
I ragged mine all the way from East Leeds to Ilkley and back today and it was fantastic. However, they've never ever been able to fix my alarm issue. The driver's window sounds like it's falling out of its runners when it goes up and down and I'm still not impressed that I have to paint over the rust on the wheel hubs.
Snoopy's comment though on reliability is spot on. Buy Japanese if you want reliability. But I do still love this GTi. The problem in my book is a s**t three year warranty. If Toyota can offer five years and VW are trying to overtake them to become the biggest car seller in the world why can't they offer 5 years too? This is the sole reason our lass will be getting an Astra convertible next and not a Golf - the 100 000 mile warranty. The hype on German cars is immense and we all in this country fall for it.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #22 on: 03 July 2011, 20:47 »
Well Skoda's only a VW under another name isn't it? But they are good...

For me if I changed out of the Gold it'd be back into an Audi unless I could find somehting that actually made me feel as good when I was sat behind the wheel. Believe me when I came out of the Audi and bought the Golf, none of the other brands did anything near.  It's a tough one when you are spending so much cash but it is personal choice and the better warranties are going to sway a lot of people but I'd rather have a 3 year warranty that I never used rather than a 5 year one that was always being used if that makes sense?

Jimmymature

« Reply #23 on: 03 July 2011, 20:49 »

For me if I changed out of the Gold it'd be back into an Audi unless I could find somehting that actually made me feel as good when I was sat behind the wheel. Believe me when I came out of the Audi and bought the Golf, none of the other brands did anything near.  It's a tough one when you are spending so much cash but it is personal choice and the better warranties are going to sway a lot of people but I'd rather have a 3 year warranty that I never used rather than a 5 year one that was always being used if that makes sense?

I know I will get spanked for saying this but, in a years time the

FOCUS ST is out  :evil:

Jim

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 03 July 2011, 21:12 »
I find the Golf to be a fantastic car. A couple of you, who have fiddled with the engine and its electronics, have got issues. Tart the car as much as you wish but leave the mechanicals, engine and its electronics alone. If you wished to have a faster car than the one you bought, then accept your mistake and change next time to a faster model or make.

All makes, including Japenese cars, have problems and I am sorry that you guys have been the unlucky ones. But the majority of us are delighted with our Golfs and this should say something about the product.

Best of luck with your new purchase.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #25 on: 03 July 2011, 21:14 »
Like a prostitute that car of yours Gilly, you've shag the life out of it :grin:   
« Last Edit: 03 July 2011, 21:27 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 03 July 2011, 21:24 »
Like a prostitute that car of yours Gilly, you've shag the life out of  :grin:   

Even a seasoned hooker could not put up with his physical demands. His car is well and truly exhausted. Possibly DEAD. RIP.  :laugh:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 03 July 2011, 21:45 »
My neighbour has a mk6 Golf GTI and it spent nearly 3 months with VW trying to fix a starting issue (they did manage to get him another GTI whilst they had it too well after a lengthy time with a Jetta diesel), they replaced lots to do with the fuel system and then eventually the ECU and then flashed it with new software, its now solved.  Even offered him an extended warrenty for free, which I think he took.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #28 on: 03 July 2011, 22:02 »

Jim

With an offer like that I thought Asker would have jumped in there!!  :grin:

Nice car to look at (even the wifey thinks they are nice) but not sure I could live with one?

Jimmymature

« Reply #29 on: 03 July 2011, 22:05 »

Jim

With an offer like that I thought Asker would have jumped in there!!  :grin:

Nice car to look at (even the wifey thinks they are nice) but not sure I could live with one?

Lets see in 18 months if anyone jumps the GTI ship and gets an ST

Jim