Author Topic: Enough  (Read 20027 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Enough
« Reply #40 on: 04 July 2011, 12:12 »
BMs don't have a good rep in the trade for been bullet proof, with customers in general maybe but there not reliable like some other makes and do some stupid things but feel free to fall for more German hype.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 04 July 2011, 12:15 »
BMs don't have a good rep in the trade for been bullet proof, with customers in general maybe but there not reliable like some other makes and do some stupid things but feel free to fall for more German hype.

dont like jap
dont like mercedes (due to previous experiences)
not a fan of audi

what else is left?? :undecided:

p.s. I have a few friends in the trade and they all run BM's as their dailys.. as do most companies as their rep mobiles.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #42 on: 04 July 2011, 12:20 »
As i said, your choice, if you want BMW you want BMW but you may end up with another bad car or you may get a good one. Just because its a rep mobile does not make it dependable. Well not from what im told by the guys who fix them.
You seem to have talked yourself into one by the replies so
« Last Edit: 04 July 2011, 12:23 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 04 July 2011, 12:23 »
As i said, your choice, if you want BMW you want BMW but you may end up with another bad car or you may get a good one. Just because its a rep mobile does not make it dependable.

I agree... but you have to play the percentages. VW just arnt up to the job.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #44 on: 04 July 2011, 12:27 »
I agree... but you have to play the percentages. VW just arnt up to the job.
The EA888 engine range is used in a wide range of veihcles including rep models yet there does not seem an outcry about it about anywere else.
First thing i always ask when i hear stories of cars engine problems is what has been done to it.
Mainly because of my own past experiences with modified cars. I killed a 1.8T but it was not VWs fault it was mine for believing the hype about a company and so i changing the mapping and this caused overfueling that killed it.
Companys don't build in margins in designs like they use to as they have much tigher tolerances and tighter budgets to work with. Things are not engineered like they were. As a designer im constantly battling the bean counter and want to over engineer but have to wind it back because of costs and rivals competition.
« Last Edit: 04 July 2011, 12:37 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 04 July 2011, 13:00 »
the Exhaust management light was an issue before anything was done to the car. I had to take the car to an indy and get it on a rolling road just so I could tell VW what was wrong with it.

These turbo'd cars just dont have the durablity as most na engines.. that seems to be the common factor.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 04 July 2011, 13:46 »

dont like jap
dont like mercedes (due to previous experiences)
not a fan of audi

what else is left?? :undecided:

p.s. I have a few friends in the trade and they all run BM's as their dailys.. as do most companies as their rep mobiles.

Skoda

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #47 on: 04 July 2011, 14:48 »
May I suggest Pubic Transport and Taxes for Gilly. :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 04 July 2011, 15:18 »
May I suggest Pubic Transport and Taxes for Gilly. :grin:

you may... but it will never happen  :wink:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #49 on: 04 July 2011, 21:47 »
The car I've owned and loved more than any other was my BMW 535d, I owned it for 2 and a half years and it never had a single fault - I loved it and so does the guy that works for me that was on my case to sell it to him and now owns it.

That said my Golf GTD has been faultless too  :wink: