Author Topic: My Mk3  (Read 29577 times)

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
Re: My Mk3 (The lifer)
« Reply #80 on: 25 May 2013, 10:32 »
I like them on too but getting rid of another rust trap is part of the road to mk3 happiness.. :grin:
so long as its done properly as the mk3 lowered without arch protectors against the lip can easily cause rust spots as stone chips appear. So do it right and it will look okay, but the CL/GL side strips aren't as wide looking.

My old mk3

Against arches

Thing with the arches, they help define the drop better, and I always felt mine looked as tho it was sat higher without te arches so I put em back on. :undecided:

Looking goo tho fella

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Gavv8

« Reply #81 on: 25 May 2013, 16:17 »
I've decided to keep mine on, i had a look behind them and the arches are fine so if they've lasted this long they'll be ok for a while longer and i think they are part of the 'GTi' look.

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #82 on: 25 May 2013, 18:50 »
I've decided to keep mine on, i had a look behind them and the arches are fine so if they've lasted this long they'll be ok for a while longer and i think they are part of the 'GTi' look.

yeah man arches all the way!

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #83 on: 25 May 2013, 19:45 »
late made p and r reg seemed to avoid some of the poor build quality they are famed for. Mine was solid as hell. Still regret selling it.

Yours just looks right.

Gavv8

« Reply #84 on: 27 May 2013, 19:38 »
Cheers chaps, yeah i think i'm just lucky with mine as its a pretty straight old thing and i've seen some that i know were made around the same time as mine and are basket cases, i do believe that dragon green is the colour that suits the mk3 best and has aged well too and i'm a big fan of the 'less is more' clean and low look.

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 27 May 2013, 20:28 »
late made p and r reg seemed to avoid some of the poor build quality they are famed for. Mine was solid as hell. Still regret selling it.

Yours just looks right.

You sure? My r reg valver was fecked before I started onit!
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Gavv8

« Reply #86 on: 27 May 2013, 21:26 »
Really seems to be 'pot luck' with later mk3's.

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #87 on: 27 May 2013, 22:04 »
Cheers chaps, yeah i think i'm just lucky with mine as its a pretty straight old thing and i've seen some that i know were made around the same time as mine and are basket cases, i do believe that dragon green is the colour that suits the mk3 best and has aged well too and i'm a big fan of the 'less is more' clean and low look.
:afro: liking your dragon green one mate i think its a decent colour and really comes up well with a good polish etc drop looks nice to i agree with the fact the arch trim and skirts define the mk3 gti and any drop looks lower  :cool:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #88 on: 27 May 2013, 22:07 »
It seems to me that the country of origin makes a difference though. But suppose it seems that way as they are the ones I've viewed or known and owned.

Gavv8

Re: My Mk3
« Reply #89 on: 01 June 2013, 23:57 »
Ok, basically i'll be laying the mk3 up long term in a few months when the m.o.t runs out, it'll either be replaced by a mk2 or something totally different depending on whether i can decide if a mk2 can cope with daily driver duties which is looking like a bit of a pipe dream.....TBC......
« Last Edit: 03 June 2013, 19:55 by Gavv8 »