Author Topic: Edition 35?  (Read 72182 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Edition 35?
« Reply #240 on: 30 May 2011, 17:48 »
^ you sound like the mk5GTI owners when the edition30 came out. The cycle just repeats itself and i have seen every cycle.

bang on there snoopy. problem is people (esp the mk6 owners) seem to focus more on how their car looks rather than how it drives  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #241 on: 30 May 2011, 17:57 »
bang on there snoopy. problem is people (esp the mk6 owners) seem to focus more on how their car looks rather than how it drives  :lipsrsealed:
The sad thing is its nothing i have not read before from mk4 or mk5 owners. Or heard from mk3, mk2 or mk1 owners when anni models come out :grin: Its the old addage of people will defend what they have. Until they buy one then its the best thing since sliced bread.
A minority don't do this of cause.

Its when i hear people say the R's better or this is better or thats better. It depends what your after, your priorities, what you want a car for, etc and each persons personal opinion.. I could have easily bought an R for cash that my local dealer had in when i nearly cancelled my GTI order due to the dealer/VW for example but in the real world i did the calculations and pros and cons list. It gave me for what i wanted and use a car for very little if anything for alot more outlay, an outlay i decided i could use to buy other cars for my collection for winter and summer use. So i stuck with my original order through thick and thin. Others just want the top of the range or the fastest, thats fine, me i look at everything and way up the pros and cons and will i actually ever need or use what im paying extra for.
Sorry to go on but reading some other forums makes me do this, as they seem to think there car is superior and everyone wants one. Sorry but i don't If i had 100million in the bank my car collection would be exactly the same except for one extra car and that one cars only ~£3K which im still looking for a good one.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2011, 18:32 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #242 on: 30 May 2011, 18:12 »
Lord Gilbert aka R32UK:
What you are trying to purport is not true at least in my case. I do care very much how my car drives as well as how it looks. I think only one of the above applies to you and we all know what that is. But then your car has not driven very well for sometime. :tongue:
You seem to relish in providing a platform for an argument which I find pointless. I will say it again and again until I drum it into you, :kiss:, that I dislike leather seats and seats with large numbers on them. Anything wrong with that?
Neither are the wheels to my taste. Anything wrong with that?
Apart from the above the £2000 increase in price is excellent value for a MOSTLY desirable package. Anything wrong with that?
I await your succinct smart arse reply with bated breath. :grin:
« Last Edit: 30 May 2011, 18:32 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #243 on: 30 May 2011, 18:16 »
^^ spot on. thats probably why i have never really got on with the Gti. It was they newest an nicest looking golf at the time so I got one (and cheap :grin:).

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #244 on: 30 May 2011, 18:21 »
Gilly: You know what? I always seem to agree with you somehow and it worries me. :grin:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #245 on: 30 May 2011, 18:23 »
lord Gilbert aka R32UK:
What you are trying to purport is not true at least in my case. I do care very much how my car drives as well as how it looks. I think only one of the above applies to you and we all know what that is. But then your car has not driven very well for sometime. :tongue:
You seem to relish in providing a platform for an argument which I find pointless. I will say it again and again until I drum it into you, :kiss:, that I dislike leather seats and seats with large numbers on them. Anything wrong with that?
Neither are the wheels to my taste. Anything wrong with that?
Apart from the above the £2000 increase in price is excellent value for a MOSTLY desirable package. Anything wrong with that?
I await your succinct smart arse reply with bated breath. :grin:

my point is not just directed just at you. but you will do as an example. how many times have you actually redlined your car and driven it they way it should be!! I do wth almost every journey (granted we are not all so lucky to have the opportunity to do so). So who are you to say the limited edition isnt worth the extra £2k. I can think of a few owners that have spent more that £2k on their cars having changed std parts  :rolleyes:

the fact remains that people slag off a car because it doesnt look like they want it to.. or they change the spec and suddenly the car isnt what it used to be. As snoopy said.. this happens with every new model. nothing changes but the people who say it. :wink: :smiley:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #246 on: 30 May 2011, 18:27 »
Exactly if someones after an Edition 30 replacment but without the 100Kg heldex then its an option over the scirocco R.
Its the VW Golf equivalent  of the SEAT Leon Cupra over the SEAT Leon FR.
« Last Edit: 30 May 2011, 18:30 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #247 on: 30 May 2011, 18:34 »
not sure why you seem to think my car is not running right... it runs at bang on 265bhp.  :cool:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #248 on: 30 May 2011, 18:34 »
Gilly, my dear I did not say the car is not worth the extra £2000 but I don't like the wheels and the motif on the seats.  :tongue:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #249 on: 30 May 2011, 18:37 »
Gilly, my dear I did not say the car is not worth the extra £2000 but I don't like the wheels and the motif on the seats.  :tongue:

but you dont like your headlights, rear lights, gear knob, foot rests, head unit, sound system and a whole load of other stuff you have changed. the main difference between this car and the gti is the engine!! the rest is just there so people in the hunt can justify it to themselves